Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The article says he's the owner of SPI Engineering and he's from NY..
Just wondering if he was a .net member.. Article says, @18ps, 388.1 hp/360.1lb of torque..
Looks nice, the article doesn't go too much into depth like GTE's article. It says the original motor was taken out and disassembled, TT rods and pistons were used. It states the top-end was not touched. SPI custom made the kit...

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Yep....thats Mike alright...he had the car at HIN in Philly in 2003....I took more pics from back in June 2003 @ the Supra Dyno Challenge

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
WOW what?

It's a twin turbo producing 388whp and 360 ft/lbs of torque. At 18psi?

Cool that it's turbo'd...but better numbers please.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
WOW what?

dude, those are SMALL turbo's...and still on stock 5 speed, lowered compression with TT internals...he's also currently programing the PHR MAP sensor going to tune it more to get over the 400 mark.....he personally told me that he didnt want to make anymore then 400 rwhp, that was enough for him....

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
SophieSleeps said:
WOW what?

dude, those are SMALL turbo's...and still on stock 5 speed, lowered compression with TT internals...he's also currently programing the PHR MAP sensor going to tune it more to get over the 400 mark.....he personally told me that he didnt want to make anymore then 400 rwhp, that was enough for him....
Ah. I see. Then he's not going for show car...he's going for a street machine. Cool. Props to him.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
yeah that car isnt the beast that he can make it......just yet
he has no intention of doing so, and in fact once he gets it tuned more in the next month or so, he's gonna end up doing something totally different, cant really discuss it on here, I'll tell ya privately Dave.. :wink:

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
tsopranoMB said:
SophieSleeps said:
WOW what?

Ah. I see. Then he's not going for show car...he's going for a street machine. Cool. Props to him.
well, its a mix of both, street and show...and nothing too extreme....but he doesnt intend to hold onto the car too much longer... SPI already has a Supra thats over 800rwhp....

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
damn I would love to see that in person... sweet ride!!!

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Ray, those are VERY small turbo's...and Mike personally told me he only wanted to get 400rwhp out of it, nothing more....he was pleased with that number...he did it to be unique instead of just using a bigger single...just a clarrification from what he told me so people understand why he did it

8)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think it's pretty cool. It's one of the very few (if not the only) IS300's using a twin-turbo system on a 2JZ-GE.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.