Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the W56 W57 and W58 fit the 2JZGE ? Which ones are relatively cheaper and can handle good hp and torque?

Is J160 a good option for 400whp IS300

Are there any other alternatives, I heard a lot about R154 and V160.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Theres a reason why you hear R154 and V160 a lot. If you have researched the topic then you have also stumbled upon the AR5 and CD009 I'm assuming?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
When you say 400whp, good hp and torque and 2JZGE something isnt adding up. You will struggle to get that out of an NA setup, is it boosted or something?

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres a reason why you hear R154 and V160 a lot. If you have researched the topic then you have also stumbled upon the AR5 and CD009 I'm assuming?
Yes, I came across the AR5 but haven’t heard much about the CD009. Thanks I’ll look into it. But what about J160, are they good for 15psi boost?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say 400whp, good hp and torque and 2JZGE something isnt adding up. You will struggle to get that out of an NA setup, is it boosted or something?
Yes, you are right. 2JZGE-T with 15 psi boost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you're in the UK I doubt you'll find any of those transmissions. Just find a Getrag BMW transmission and use one of these:

Hey Piggity, thank you for suggesting new transmissions. The BMW's are quite easy to source here but what transmissions are best in your opinion. I'm sorry to trouble you, I can surely research a little more into it but thought of asking while you are here.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes, I came across the AR5 but haven’t heard much about the CD009. Thanks I’ll look into it. But what about J160, are they good for 15psi boost?
Personally I wouldn't recommend the J160 past a NA 4cyl 2L, they come standard on the 4cyl RS200 and 2L 6cyl 1GFE Altezza's, but as soon as the guys in the RS200 with turbo kits start winding up the boost the first thing that happens are they bend rods (same as 2J NA-T rod issue) and the 2nd is the gearbox craps out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I wouldn't recommend the J160 past a NA 4cyl 2L, they come standard on the 4cyl RS200 and 2L 6cyl 1GFE Altezza's, but as soon as the guys in the RS200 with turbo kits start winding up the boost the first thing that happens are they bend rods (same as 2J NA-T rod issue) and the 2nd is the gearbox craps out.
Thanks for the information, highly appreciate it. I changed the rods before the turbo was installed.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey Piggity, thank you for suggesting new transmissions. The BMW's are quite easy to source here but what transmissions are best in your opinion. I'm sorry to trouble you, I can surely research a little more into it but thought of asking while you are here.
No idea which ones. I'd talk to PMC and ask them, since they seem to sell a lot to drifters and BMW guys installing JZ engines in their cars. Plus, the PMC website is really had to read for transmission types....I don't know shit about BMW engines or transmission codes so I'm no help. I just know that the transmissions fit into swaps really well because they're so short in length and they hold power really well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No idea which ones. I'd talk to PMC and ask them, since they seem to sell a lot to drifters and BMW guys installing JZ engines in their cars. Plus, the PMC website is really had to read for transmission types....I don't know shit about BMW engines or transmission codes so I'm no help. I just know that the transmissions fit into swaps really well because they're so short in length and they hold power really well.
Thank you, the info was quite helpful. I'll try to get more on it from them and update here. Cheers Piggity

1 - 11 of 11 Posts