Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize ahead of time because I know how many post about manual swaps there already are (I think I've read most of, if not all of them). The information I'm trying to find doesn't seem to have been discussed before so I dont have an answer. So here I am.

I'm getting close to doing the auto to manual swap. My question is that I always read about people needing to repin parts of the harness to get rid of various CELs, connect sections of the harness to bypass sensors and have everything work (i.e., neutral safety switch, speed sensor, trac/snow switch). Will replacing both the "engine" harness and the "dash" harness get rid of these issues? I've never seen anyone take this approach to the manual swap and because of that I always read about modifications being done to fix these issues. I know the swap is possible with out replacing/swapping both harnesses, I also know it's a potential waste of money. However I'd like to know. Any knowledge about this would be very helpful.

Also I know it would be easier to just sell my car and buy a manual car from the start so please dont try and tell me that. I'm tired of hearing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts