Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did searches and could not find this. Does anyone make a manual shift gate cover for the IS300 to replace or be used with the shift boot. I'm talking about the shift gates like the ones used by ferrari. It would be very nice addon for any of you manufacturers out. Again if this is even possible with our IS. There is nothing like the metallic clicking sound givin by some ferraris when they shift. It would also be nice to have a manual shifter that has one of the nice chrome shift gates. ANYONE have any ideas about this???

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If you like the metallic clicking shift noise, you can get a short shifter and you'll have it with the direct feel to go with it.

But the stalk of the shifter is really thick, you'd probably need to get a new one fabricated so that it looks good without the leather boot to cover it.

I think it would look really cool, but with a thin stalk and open shift gate, you'll have to deal with the extra noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. The boot is used to cover up the thick stem. I'm guessing that no one manufactures a short shifter for the IS like that found on ferrari and lamborghini with a nice shift gate? If anybody from ProLex Performance, any other quality manufacturers is reading this, please give you input on the feasibility of this. How many of you owners out there would at least like this over the normal shift boot found on most cars?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Possible to make your own. Maybe with say the right measurments, maybe like a half inch sheet of stainless steel, and a jetstream. i'm sure it would be alot mistakes an re-do's but would be one of a kind.

·
Registered
249 Posts
if you're going to go with a short shifter, I say go with a B&M, they are short as HELL! That and it is a great product that will take only around 10-15 minutes to install. Really really fun product, glad I have it, hate the stock shift length.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
a shift gate wouldnt be difficult to design actually. The only thing is, you would have to fabricate, or chop up a stock shifter and simple at the lowest part possible, weld on a straight shaft and have it all polished or chromed up along with the shift gate to make it pretty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.