Lexus IS Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took out the CDD a week ago and like the feel of the clutch pedal so much more now. (bleeding the clutch by yourself is a pita though, might wanna just wait til someone can help you do that part at least)
-Joshua

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice find!! doing it this wknd! +REP

·
Registered
75 Posts
i did the cdd delete a few days ago and i couldnt be happier. i gutted out the cdd instead of using a break union. its so much fun now but i noticed ive been drivin more aggressive. anyways extremely good mod.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Does anyone know what the thread pitch needs to be in the union?
Part numbers for brake union for those of you that want to go that way.
3/16" (M10 x1.0) inverted flare

Autozone BLU-9C ( not -9B) $1.49 in stock !!
interchangeable with
Edleman 274000
Weatherhead 7934A ( NAPA in stock $6.59)

Nearest advance Auto is about 100 miles !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone replaced the slave cylinder while doing this?
The reason I am asking is because of the chirping noise it apparently produces.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Has anyone replaced the slave cylinder while doing this?
The reason I am asking is because of the chirping noise it apparently produces.
I didn't.
Isn't the chirping is from the thrust bearing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didn't.
Isn't the chirping is from the thrust bearing?
Well, could be, but according to what I was able to find while searching these forums it's the slave cylinder. Lexus has a TSB on this and apparently came out with a different p/n for the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Well, could be, but according to what I was able to find while searching these forums it's the slave cylinder. Lexus has a TSB on this and apparently came out with a different p/n for the slave cylinder.
you don't list your model year.
My 2004 is fine, if there is a "new" slave cylinder is this for all yrs or only for partial years ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it's DOT3...it should say on the reservoir cap for the clutch fluid.
Did the CDD with the listed napa part # but didn't do any bleeding. It drives fine....yes it's easier to launch the if wanted....at first I didn't know why my tires were skidding for a week or so until I remembered about the CCD.

Should bleeding be done anyways? Does it make it feel even better? Does anyone know if theres air in the line if there would be some noise under the passenger seat when changing gears? Like a "click click" from an empty spray can?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nothing wrong with DOT 4 though... I imagine it costs a bit more due to the higher specifications, but if you're going to be tracking then you may as well. You can mix them but that'd be a waste, so drain/fill/bleed.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts