Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO WAIT FOR THE MANUAL TRANNY TO COME OUT, OR IS THE AUTO SHIFT BETTER? I WANT TO ADD A SUPERCHARGER LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD. WHICH ONE HAS BETTER PERFORMANCE, HANDLING. AND ALSO HOW MUCH MORE DO U THINK THE 2002 MODEL WILL COST.

THANKX FOR ANY INPUT.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The manual will be available for the 2002 model year. It will almost certainly offer better performance (estimate 0-60 around 6.6) , better gas mileage, and better control of the car. The autotrans is basically the same as in the GS400 so it should be able to handle a 300hp "upgrade", but I am uncertain how much "extra capacity" the manual will be able to handle. The current version (e-shift auto) will be alot easier to drive in heavy stop and go traffic or on hilly streets with lots of stop signs (e.g. San Francisco)

Pricing for next year is undetermined. Rumor s of a slight price increase have been heard, but they may not be true. My guess is that the prices will not be much more than they are now, and you may have more room to bargain with the dealers. On the other hand, the people who are getting cars now are getting something "different". By late next year the IS300 will be alot more "well known" on the road.

·
8,107 Posts
manual will knock $1000 off the price too, that's almost a given. Together with discounts off MSRP, might get $2000 to $3000 less than today's price.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
manual will knock $1000 off the price too, that's almost a given. Together with discounts off MSRP, might get $2000 to $3000 less than today's price.
I wonder if they will drop the price for the manual. I'm thinking they may offer it as a no cost option so that they don't have to drop the base price less than the 2001 model. Anyone know how previous Lexus models with manuals were priced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
marke1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing