Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys noob here to the IS anyway i just wanted to know what kind of transmission your all using now a days manual or auto? I know the manual is gonna be a little quicker but would it be worth to just get a auto??? do race on the street occasionally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,693 Posts
slipknot23 said:
Whats up guys noob here to the IS anyway i just wanted to know what kind of transmission your all using now a days manual or auto? I know the manual is gonna be a little quicker but would it be worth to just get a auto??? do race on the street occasionally.
sup no0b...welcome to the site, you'll learn alot within the time you are on this site... i came here with no knowledge on the IS300 and i know more about the car than my last Civic :lol: but anyways...I went with the 5sp...its more for racing but most people look at it like they dont want to bother with shifting during every day use more like a daily driver...but me personally i like to shift and downshifting coming to a light or stop sign...its just me personally but its whatever YOU want :chill: :wink: 8)

Edit: key word on this site is USE THE FOCKING SEARCH Button cause if its a repeat post that been talked about repeatively...YOU WILL GET FLAMMED :pissed: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
If you live in a big and crowded city(LA or NYC)..than the A/T(E-shift) would probably what you're looking for...traffic is a bitch, and having to shift every 3 seconds really does suck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
You're not driving appropriately if you have to shift every 3 seconds in rush hour traffic.

ImpulseXvX said:
If you live in a big and crowded city(LA or NYC)..than the A/T(E-shift) would probably what you're looking for...traffic is a bitch, and having to shift every 3 seconds really does suck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
I own 3 manual :D cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
JW said:
You're not driving appropriately if you have to shift every 3 seconds in rush hour traffic.
Never had a problem w/ shifting when I lived in a less crowded city...and when driving a manual during Rush Hour on the 405...gets a little pathetic/sad..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jw?? i used to have 2001 GSR. wtf are u talking about. i guess now your on my shitlist anotherone who likes to run his mouth. Dont reply in my threads anymore your not wanted :pissed: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: and ive never driven the ISeither
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
slipknot23 said:
jw?? i used to have 2001 GSR. wtf are u talking about. i guess now your on my shitlist anotherone who likes to run his mouth. Dont reply in my threads anymore your not wanted :pissed: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: and ive never driven the ISeither
I feel left out - I don't have a shitlist!! :pissed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
Then as an owner of a GSR, you should know the answer to your own question. I honestly don't know why anyone who can drive a stickshift would ask such things--you know what it's like to drive a manual transmission, and I'm sure you know what it's like to drive an automatic. The answer should be clear as night and day.

If on the other hand, you wanted to know if the IS300's manual transmission sucks (it doesn't, btw), for example, then you should've been more specific when you asked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
BTW, get the stick. I cant stand driving automatic. When I want to downshift, i mean NOW, not 1 second later.

Also, just because i floor it on the highway doesnt mean I wanted 3rd gear...

No automatic that I have ever driven was smarter than me shifting my own gears....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
manual of course :D
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
23 Participants
civic Si-r
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top