Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen a manual IS300 on one of the dealer about two months ago when i was shopping around, i asked the saleperson if it for sale in the US, he told me it's going ship back Europe, and the one they got for display only
. the shift stick is about 3" inches longer, looks so nice, once sit in the car and start shifting the stick, so smooth, too bad they didn't sale it to me

anyway, i am happy with the auto, sliver! and enjoying every mile!

·
Registered
187 Posts
A IS300 stick being shipped back to Europe?

Probably was a IS200 and not IS300. Which side was the driver's side on?

·
Registered
571 Posts
it had to be an is200. Is the 300 even offered else where?

regardless...it's hella cool you saw a manual. Some of us including myself will be in one of those puppies soon!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DMX, vvtipwr, and akpsi,
It's an IS300, that was what the sales person told me. the driver side is the same as the U.S., i have seen the IS200 in Syndey about 1.5 month ago, they are opposit of us.(one thing i am not sure about since the salesperson told me that manual IS300 is going to shipped back the Europe, and i have checked the international link from lexus, all they have there is IS200, with driver side opposit of us, but the one i've seen with the driver side on the right, like us have here), i can't believe that too, if not the IS300, what it is then? skpsi, what side is the driver side on the one you saw on your lexus dealer? am i confusing myself here?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am pretty sure you saw an IS200, not 300. Did you look at the back of the car? What did it say?
Longo had a manual IS200 in their showroom a couple of weeks before the intro of the IS300, and I sat in there for a little bit. The driver side is on the left, so this maybe why you were mistaking it for the IS300. I think IS200 is sold throughout the entire Europe, and only British drive on the right side, so this may have been a car from Germany or something?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the salesman could've lied to you. i've had plenty of salesmen try to tell me stuff because they think i won't know better anyways

for instance at long beach bmw
i was looking at an m3 and i was interested to see waht the salesman knew, so i asked him, so is there a real m engine in this thing? and then he goes,....yes of corse, tahts' why its called an m3. then i asked, so why did bmw just stroke a 325 engine to 3.2 liters and put the BMW M POWER thing over the engine cover? the salesman was real quiet afer that

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
hehehe LOL Clam, i was with a friend looking for PCs and they went to best buy, some security guard was trying to sell her a computer, i played dumb and mispronounced words cache (cash-a) misrepresenting acronyms RAM, (really awesome memory) SCSI (Smart Computer Seated Inside) guy actually agreed on some of them, what an idiot.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Actually, Best Buy isn't too bad, Fry's is the worse place to find out real information. As far as dealer is concerned, my salesman at Longo seem to know quite a bit which kind of surprise me. And he is really modest and acknowledged that I know more than him when it comes to cars. I don't mind if a salesman don't know all the stuff, as long as they don't go on BSing to the customers.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Fry's is the worse
if you go to frys for anything other than price or selection, you are an idiot
they've got the most rude salesppl ever. damn door nazis

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by IS300#1:
DMX, vvtipwr, and akpsi,
It's an IS300, that was what the sales person told me. the driver side is the same as the U.S., i have seen the IS200 in Syndey about 1.5 month ago, they are opposit of us.(one thing i am not sure about since the salesperson told me that manual IS300 is going to shipped back the Europe, and i have checked the international link from lexus, all they have there is IS200, with driver side opposit of us, but the one i've seen with the driver side on the right, like us have here), i can't believe that too, if not the IS300, what it is then? skpsi, what side is the driver side on the one you saw on your lexus dealer? am i confusing myself here?
Europe does have cars with steering wheels on left side and right side......Remember, UK drives on the right and continental Europe on the left??? It's gotta be an IS200....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

The IS300 manual will be out in Europe late 2000 or early 2001. I don't know if it's a 6 speed or a 5 speed though ( it will probably be a 5 speed).

FYI: England is the only european country with the driver on the right.

------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
It was most likely an IS200. I posted a message on the old board probably about a year ago stating I saw a SBM IS200 at UCLA near the Andersen School. It was the 6-speed IS200, LHD, and I have the pics to prove it, though I don't have a scanner.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah.. longo lexus had a lefthand drive is200....

I think if the one you saw was 6spd then its 200.. if 5spd.. then... ????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts