Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2008 is350 and wanted to get rims. Boy, I could have purchased kryptonite easier. It seems that the is350 caliper is bigger to help stop the extra 100 ponies. The rim manufacturers put is250 and is350 in the same folders so when you’re looking for rims, of course they all have what you want. NOT. Tucker Tire in Covina, California spent several days, I mean days looking for rims to fit. I wanted chrome with lips. That really made it hard to find. THANKS JOHN. We basically came up with the following setup.MMR rims here in California were also a huge help with John

MMR GT1 19x8.5 with 35 backspace and toyo proxies 235/35/19 front
MMR GT1 19x9.5 with 45 backspace and toyo proxies 295/30/19 rear

The car is basically stock and HAS NOT BEEN LOWERED.you can see the clearence i have. AND it hasnt rubbed yet.we put 600 + lbs bouncin in the trunk with no no probs

Ideas? Opinions?

Thanks either way. The forum was a major help. have a great one

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
yeah i personally wouldnt have chosen full chrome rims (looks hot on chevy's ridin' high) but all in all the fitment looks good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.