Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after a race i noticed the malfuntion indicator lamp come on. (pg.xi figure 11) Its really friggin creepin me out! It says in the manual that there are three causes for this; 1, gas tank complely empty, 2 the gas tank cap hasnt been fastened on correctly, 3 the engine or transmition is malfuntioning. I have never had this problem ever, and im totally lost as to why this is happening cause today i had a 1/2 tank of gas, checked the gas cap and it was fine, transmition sound fine, and the engine sounded fine. Also it said that after driving around several times that the indicator will eventually disapear, and ive tried doing so to no avail. Im not sure how serious this problem is or how to deal with this Please Guys Post Some Very Much Needed HELP!!!!!

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Yeah, you didn't tell us anything about the car.
nor which light went off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SophieSleeps said:
Yeah, you didn't tell us anything about the car.
nor which light went off.
The light that went off was the malfunction indicator lamp. Which is located on pg. XI figure 11. My car is a 2001 and has 25,000 miles on it. This is the first time this happened.
HoustenLex is this a common problem in which i shouldnt concern myself with? I find it really annoying having the light there, evry time i drive, i feel like i have my right indicator on and find myself dbl checking to make sure its not on.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
yeah
none of us have the manual by our computers. Is it the check engine light?
and what mods. just take it to the dealer if its stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No speed mods whatsoever not even a exaust.
Its the light towards the uper right hand side of the display closest to the right turn signal,it also says "clear." U see it like evry thing else when u first turn on the engine, it is supposed to be gone in 30 secs like everything else, but for me it wont go away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh thats rough, I had the same thing but it was cause i reversed 2 hoses and it took about 3k miles for it to kick on..

The dealer will hook it up and tell ya what code its throwing... Worst case disconnect the negiative termanial, then press your brake to drain any residual charge and then hook up and see if it comes back....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.