Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a custom sub box but I was wondering where I should put the port...?
so far I made the whole part that is lined with the floor, back wall, and side walls

this is what I had the beginning of today... I am a bit further and am finally at the part where there are no more turns and curves

anyone have an suggestions?
I was thinking about having it ported on the top of the side wall (where the tire chambers get smaller)

or in the middle and have my amp in the middle of the port so it's like a funny way of cooling my amp down
(like this) [ O]|"amp here"|[O ]

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

fits around all those dumb humps in the truck

So you are doing 2 subs?
HE2 12's?
yeh 2 12" he2s... the both need 2 cubic feet of air but I'm going to just put them both in one camber with 4 cubic feet ported =)

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
I would do a single port in the middle of the two subs. Don't put the amp there though. It would keep it cool for sure but it would give you some awful port noise and I'm not sure that would be fantastic for the amp either. Just mount the amp on top or something.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to keep the subs in the same camber though

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my friend told me to just make it a closed box (2 cubic feet) and have bolted on normal and one firing the opposite way... he said it sounds really crazy like that because you have one sub firing in and one sub firing out so it doubles =O

·
Registered
561 Posts
You want to get loud????

Port 2 8"s..... :)

143+ db legal on headrest 145.6db on kickpanel

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
I don't see how that box will be 4.0 cubic feet. I've seen 4.0 cubes.... that's a HUGE box.

And as far as whre to put the ports.... well, they should be firing the same direction as the woofers, and as far away as possible. I'd actually try to go with a single vent instead of two round ports.

And agiraldo.... I got ya beat!!! 146.6 on the dash.... just measured 147.4 in the kick about a week ago. One 12" woofer. 1200watts. It just keeps getting louder and louder.... with a little more tuning, I'm thinking 148dB is possible.

Although the fact that you're working with 8s is really fucking cool... you're the guy with the Audioque woofers right??

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yes I am buddy. Or should I say I was... Everything has been sold except my Xtant 1001x :).

I am moving on to either 3 12"s or 4 8"s... :0

It will be after I get my car repaired that I am ready to rock again....

I even sent 1k a piece to these 8"s and they STILL didnt give in.

Finally at full tilt at around 1200 they started to bottom out on a 38hz song :)

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
3 12" DD/Audioque woofers???

As the owner of one midgrade DD 12".... holy fucking shit.... three would be insane.

That is all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts