Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put a MOPAR Dub Edition grille on my 300. Yeah or terrible?

This is also the first car I have ever owned that I put a sticker on. Rice boy or not?

So far it's been a really good car and I have 23,000 miles on it in just under two years. I've been to the track quite a few times too with a best ET of 12.6 and a best trap speed of 113.9mph. The only power-adding mods I have are an air-intake tube and a dyno tune with a Diablosport Predator. I'm on the left for both of these runs:

Eric

·
27,116 Posts
The grille looks fine to me!

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I like it. But stop there. Don't put the gay chrome shit on the fenders.

Wasn't your 300 SRT8 red?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it Eric! Though for the fun of it, I think you should have gone with the Bentley Grille! :)

Nice job on the 12.6 That car is SO fast for the money! How long you think you'll hold onto her?
Michael,
I would say I'm going to have it for a while because I have had zero issues. I just went ot the local dealer today to see two new Challengers and grab the '09 catalog. The '09 will come with steep gears and a 6-speed! I can barely hold back putting in an order on a black one - but I like so many cars out there right now too.

Eric

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Looks ghetto-fab in my opinion.
I gotta go with Poop on that one. It could be because EVERY one in my area is completely ghettoed out with nothing smaller than 22s. Nice numbers from the strip though :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it. But stop there. Don't put the gay chrome shit on the fenders.

Wasn't your 300 SRT8 red?
This is actually a pretty serious mod for me, usually I leave my cars totally stock appearing and just try to go faster. This is the same 300 I've had all along.

I HATE those stick on side vents!

Eric

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just drove a black srt-8 the other day and man does it put you back against your seat when you WOT. The grill looks ok, but i don't think it was really necessary.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
It certainly gave the car or more luxurious look, which may be the opposite of what you are looking for in a SRT8 that you take to the track. But looks good nonetheless. If you had the grille painted black or silver along with a couple more matching accents, it would look much more aggressive. Chrome on any vehicle just screams luxury car. Just my .02.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I shot a couple videos recently if anyone is interested, don't worry these were all shot in my driveway - yeah it's big :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts