Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 is300 with 97,000 miles on it. I recently took it in for an oil change and when I got it back it started leaking oil... a lot. I then took it back and they said it was coming from the oil filter so they replaced that again. But that didn’t do the trick if anything it’s worse now. There is oil pooled up on the engine mount show in the picture. Also in the picture of the bottom of the car the spot on the ground is from the car being there for less then 30min after a cold start.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would be checking to see if the old oil filter gasket is stuck to the motor. Two seals butted together ( the old one and the new one on the new filter) will leak like that. Trust me I have seen it happen.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would be checking to see if the old oil filter gasket is stuck to the motor. Two seals butted together ( the old one and the new one on the new filter) will leak like that. Trust me I have seen it happen.
Ha yeah ive had that about 20+ years ago, also had one where a wire drooped down and got caught between the filter and block and dumped all the fresh oil on my folks nice garage floor. Im still paranoid and double check the mating faces every time i change the filter :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts