Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
The service prices I gave you above are for my GS400 Lexus which has a V8 engine. The IS300 prices could very well be lower due to its inline 6....
Eric.....
ps. prices are different for different models....

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
I use Synthetic oil in my GS400.. Castrol Syntec 5W-30 (the lighter weight 5W-30 is used in at Lexus Anyways).... So I go 5 K miles between services.... For my father's 2000 740iL the service lights just flashed that he needs a service and he has 14K miles on it.... BMW will not service the car for free until all the green service lights have expired.... GEEZ 14K until the first service? I would never do that with my GS400..
Eric

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Andyboy,
I understand what you're saying and I understand that the service indicator lights monitor the condition of the oil. However, even though speakers in a stereo may handle 200 Watts, doesn't mean I'm going to play them that loud. I play it safe.....I change the synthetic oil in my GS400 every 5,000 miles. I wouldn't want to take the chance of waiting 14-15K miles till my first oil change. It's hard to imagine that my father has 14K+ miles on his 2000 740iL and it has the original oil in it (service indicator light only now turned yellow).... Poor engine...

Eric.....

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Andyboy,
Neither the GS or ES Lexus and probably the rest of the Lexus line does not have the maintance indicator lights as do other makes. So I'm assuming the IS will be the same. On another note I like the instant Miles/Gallon gage. Similar to BMW's......
Eric......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.