Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 04 sport design, last maintanance was at 5k miles, right now i have 8.9k miles, should i go in and do the maintanance right now or wait till 10k miles? that light is scurry, everytime i turn on the engine, all lights light up then turn off after a couple of seconds, but the maint req'd light blinks like 5 times after everything else is off , and then shuts off
:suspiciou

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
I didnt kno our cars had that....Were they on the 01'....
BTW wait till 10k, unless you wanna pay to have your light reset...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
u can reset it by

1) put the odometer on actual mileage (not trip meter)

2) turn the key to the "off" position

3) a) press and hold the trip stick (the thing u press to change the mileage meter)
b) while holding the button down, turn the key into the "on" position not turn to start. (2nd click i believe)

4) you should see the maint light turn off.

5) see if it worked turn key to off and turn car on.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Me_1 said:
I didnt kno our cars had that....Were they on the 01'....
BTW wait till 10k, unless you wanna pay to have your light reset...

'04s and up have it.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
You're due for service, I believe that's calibrated for every 5,000 miles or you can have it calibrated to 7,500 miles interval. That light is just a reminder that service maintenance is required.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gray Rider said:
You're due for service, I believe that's calibrated for every 5,000 miles or you can have it calibrated to 7,500 miles interval. That light is just a reminder that service maintenance is required.
so its not telling me theres something else that could be wrong? :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
The answer is NO........That light is telling you the your car is due or over due for a maintenance service. It's a reminder that certain things has to be done like LOF, rotate and balance tires, etc, etc. :)

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
The Light is set to come on after so many miles. It doesnt read anything...Oil level, oil life, tire pressure, nothing.
It just reads miles.
Just reset it ;)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My 2004 has just over 67,000 miles. The Maint Req'd interval light comes on at 5k intervals after each reset. I've done this 13 times now since the car was new. ;)

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=243125&highlight=maint+req'd

flipside909 said:
The 04 IS300's and Lexus models have this feature as well as many new 2004 Toyota models. They go at 5k intervals like the factory service manual says.. As for intervals...the "MAINT REQD" indicator light flashes after startup for a few seconds when you are nearing the oil change. When you're about 50 miles near the actual interval, the light stays on until it's reset.

False: The service reminder light for Lexus and Toyota vehicles DOES NOT operate by driving style calculations.

Fact: the service reminder light for Lexus and Toyota vehicles on 2004 and newer models operate at 5,000 mile intervals regardless of driving style.

To reset: It's listed in your OWNERS manual maintenance. All you need to do is hold the tripmeter button down with the key in the ignition in the OFF position. As you are holding down the tripmeter button, turn the key to the ON position. If the Odometer zeros out and the light flashes a couple times, the light should be reset.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
=Paintchip= said:
I got an 04 sport design, last maintanance was at 5k miles, right now i have 8.9k miles, should i go in and do the maintanance right now or wait till 10k miles? that light is scurry, everytime i turn on the engine, all lights light up then turn off after a couple of seconds, but the maint req'd light blinks like 5 times after everything else is off , and then shuts off
:suspiciou
BTW. that light flashing then shutting off means you're within 100 miles of the next 5k interval service.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
yet, it is all written in the owners manual you probably never opened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts