Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like most things about the IS-F, but with the price pushing low $60's it was just too close to the GT-R. I was able to secure a 2010 GT-R for delivery in 2009 at MSRP. I might still pick up an IS-F in a few years as a DD, but couldn't pass up the GT-R.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
K, thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I like most things about the IS-F, but with the price pushing low $60's it was just too close to the GT-R. I was able to secure a 2010 GT-R for delivery in 2009 at MSRP. I might still pick up an IS-F in a few years as a DD, but couldn't pass up the GT-R.
Cant wait to see pics:bigSmile:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Damn I wish I had problems like that :lol:

Goodluck.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Umm ok thats cool I guess? Figured I wasted 1 minute of my life reading this, might as well waste another writing this.

Be a man, screw the GTR and go 911 Turbo if you want a true sportscar.

-Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Umm ok thats cool I guess? Figured I wasted 1 minute of my life reading this, might as well waste another writing this.

Be a man, screw the GTR and go 911 Turbo if you want a true sportscar.

-Matt
I hear you guys, I'm not here to be a dick. I was really excited about the IS-F after going through the simulated race at the LA autoshow. I waited patiently to find out the price - bugging my dealer weekly. I feel it is priced wrong by 5-7k. Just my opinion.. So I scrapped that idea and went back to plan A, GT-R...

As for your Porsche comment, why would I want something slower in every way than a GT-R :cool: And pay $50k more for the honor of being slower. Makes even less sense then if I said why would anyone buy an IS-F when they can have a M5 (ignoring the more obvious comparison to the M3)..

-Mark

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Porsche shut up Nissan with the 08 911 GT2, hell they shut up evverybody (research comparisons). Easy. Very Expensive, yes, but you gotta pay to play in this world right? Its a Porsche, not a Nissan. Dont get me wrong, I love the GTR, not bashing the car.The GTR HAS backed up all the hype, no argument there. I am happy for your purchase. Does anyone on here ( an ISF forum ) care that you opted for the GTR over the basis of this forum, No.
Post on the GTR forum that you opted for the GTR over the ISF and Im sure you will have some nut swingers.
Just did not get the point of this post, thats all.
Enjoy the car in good health
-Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Porsche shut up Nissan with the 08 911 GT2, hell they shut up evverybody (research comparisons). Easy. Very Expensive, yes, but you gotta pay to play in this world right? Its a Porsche, not a Nissan. Dont get me wrong, I love the GTR, not bashing the car.The GTR HAS backed up all the hype, no argument there. I am happy for your purchase. Does anyone on here ( an ISF forum ) care that you opted for the GTR over the basis of this forum, No.
Post on the GTR forum that you opted for the GTR over the ISF and Im sure you will have some nut swingers.
Just did not get the point of this post, thats all.
Enjoy the car in good health
-Matt
Now we are comparing $190k cars to $72K cars?

I really thought the IS crowd would be a little more mature. I feel like I entered Honda-land..

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Now we are comparing $190k cars to $72K cars?

I really thought the IS crowd would be a little more mature. I feel like I entered Honda-land..
More mature? Please read the point of this thread and then think of maturity. I just think this post would be better suited for the Parking lot, please go repost it there haha PLeeasse

You fail.

-Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More mature? Please read the point of this thread and then think of maturity. I just think this post would be better suited for the Parking lot, please go repost it there haha PLeeasse

You fail.

-Matt
"You fail"? I did just enter a honda forum.. Want to throw me some FTL's too? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
haha...go tell your kids/grandparents, boss. i havent a clue where you began to think anyone on the internet would be interested in your apparent car decision?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
"You fail"? I did just enter a honda forum.. Want to throw me some FTL's too? ;)
You just bought an overpriced Nissan dude and are bragging about it on a ISF forum? If you think this place feels like a Honda forum, so be it. You are the one looking like a complete idiot here, no one else. Thanks for the laughs though bud.
-Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
You just bought an overpriced Nissan dude and are bragging about it on a ISF forum? If you think this place feels like a Honda forum, so be it. You are the one looking like a complete idiot here, no one else. Thanks for the laughs though bud.
-Matt
Perhaps this isn't the most appropriate thread on this forum, but calling the GT-R an overpriced Nissan? You sound like a badge whore, especially with the your comments about the Porsche. That's just like saying the IS-F is a riced up Toyota.

I think there are plenty of those on this forum, myself included, that are looking at the IS-F and the GT-R. Primarily for performance reasons, but also with some practicality in mind. They are not completely apples to apples, but we are talking about performance vehicles achieved in different ways and to different extremes.

One thing I will never understand is why people bother to participate in threads that offer no real value to the OP's original post.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaps this isn't the most appropriate thread on this forum, but calling the GT-R an overpriced Nissan? You sound like a badge whore, especially with the your comments about the Porsche. That's just like saying the IS-F is a riced up Toyota.
He's trying to bait me - must be his internet style. :fool:

I'm at IS-F fan and a IS fan in general. I weighed my decision carefully and I've seen this topic come up enough that I decided to post (IS-F vs GT-R vs M3 vs etc...).. I have no brand loyality and judge each car on its merits.

-Mark

1 - 20 of 45 Posts