Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so about a month ago i was all excited b.c it seemed as though we were having a moderate winter and instead of ordering blizzaks i went with the srt intake (with is supposedly still en route... :( ).........so im still driving on these bald potenzas and we're getting dumped on tonight.............over 6 GD inches..................so if any of you are looking for parts, it be happy to sell after i wreck it tonight.......... :p .........good luck driving to all you new englanders..........

·
Registered
754 Posts
:-? WTF

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
oh man I am so worried. I am driving 3 hours to PA tonight on my stock Potenzas. I am going out to lunch soon to see how I can handle it, its already snowed 1-2 inches here.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Re: SOB!!!!.......shot myself in foot.........damn, that hur

adamsheehy said:
so about a month ago i was all excited b.c it seemed as though we were having a moderate winter and instead of ordering blizzaks i went with the srt intake (with is supposedly still en route... :( ).........so im still driving on these bald potenzas and we're getting dumped on tonight.............over 6 GD inches..................so if any of you are looking for parts, it be happy to sell after i wreck it tonight.......... :p .........good luck driving to all you new englanders..........
first off, in the subject line, you need to specify WHERE in the north-east your from

this is parking lot material, NOT a place to rant in here...

i'm sorry, it does suck, we are having a blizzard here right now......

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HA, thanks for the clarification Goldark - love that you included a link!! :p .............graphitesportsdesign - my potenzas sucked ass even when they DID have tread, so be careful, or you'll be taking the bus too!!...

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
damn my tires were spinning crazy today :D my garage smells like burnt rubber :D and plus im fishtailing everywhere 8)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
AdamSheeshy...
Drive really fast especially if its coming down really hard and it gets foggy

I need the following.

- A pillar trim for the passenger side
- Glove Box.
- Trunk Lining
- Trunk itself.. (hopefully, you'll rear end someone)

Let me know by Wednesday please.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
LOL... gotta have love for ny/queens!! even if they are str8 cold-hearted LMAO

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well guys, sorry to disappoint, but no accident to report.........i ended up not driving a GD second in that crap........i gave up on going to work sat/sun and just looked out the window as my car got buried each time the plow went by - couldn't even see it when i went to dig it out monday..........i drove a little friday and took the trac control off a couple of times and started sliding all over the place.........how'd everyone else hold up??

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
i just got my blizzaks after a little incident with a wall, and these things rock. Seriously dont drive on anything but winter tires, all seasons will get you around but not far.

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
uh-oh........is your car ok???...........i just ordered the blizzaks yesterday..........we got more snow up here in boston and i almost bit it a few times

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
car is fine for the most part...........bumper is scratched on the bottom, rims got scratched on passenger side, a little out of alignment, broke my grill. Doesnt really matter because i was gonna get new rims and a sportdesign grill anyway. Plus i was looking at a front lip to cover up the scratch. Things could have gotten a lot worse but they didnt thankfully. The blizzaks though make a world of difference. I beat my boss to work on sunday during the 2nd storm and he drives an SUV :lol:

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so bad news/good news......im actually wondering how you scratched your rims and screwed up alignment........i did the same thing, but hit a curb, not a wall..........it's still off - ill get it fixed when i get the tires put on.........as long as you were planning on getting new pieces, i guess its all good.......

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
its a wall but the cement slants out on the bottom luckily. I hit the bottom part with my rims, if the wall was straight it would have scratched up my whole side :x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts