Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a message that to the Massachusetts Residents with modified cars. I believe this message will get some viewers mad at Masschusetts' government and road authorities. This is something new to probably all of us, and to me also. I am tellin you guys this from my own personal experience and happening. MA is worse then CA now with vehicles, if you haven't noticed. I was at the registry today, tryin to figure some stuff out with the exhaust law, came to find out I was in deep shit. There were many other things that was very harsh to us, as car enthausist in Mass. This is taken out of the Mass General Law Chapter 9 i believe. I myself read the book from the registry, so this is no bullshit

1) Altered and/or Modified exhaust is illegal in Mass (even though if the manufactures says it street legal) Doesnt matter if it doesnt exceed 95 db.

2) No vehicle altered height must exceed 2 inches lower than stock height. Vehicle gross weight must be no different from stock weight (definitely isnt goin to happen because once u lower ur car, there is more weight on ur wheels)

3) Tinting, is starting to be a problem with them too. When they saw my car, which had no tint, they started giving me problems, because it "looked" tinted.

3) Shaved door handles are illegal. (If you are invovled in an car accident, and someone dies, you will be charge wit vehicluar homicide)

4) Then to go onto smaller issues, such as windshield wipers, lighting accesories.

I personally feel that we are limited by these assholes to the things we do, no matter what u do they will always get you. And i feel we need to gather up and do something up this. Ever since the big dig occured, Ma needed a way to make money to help support their project. Especially when the stupid governor messed up the spending budget. And I guess the easiest way of bringing revenue in is with newer traffic law, since more and more of us, car lovers, are out on the road. The more law the impose, the more money they make.

·
Registered
76 Posts
bullshit

thats absolute crap

no modified exhaust at all

i find that hard to believe, this basically ends all car tuning in massachusetts.

are you sure that these facts are 100% correct?

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure

Im not sure myself, i read chapter 90 again today, it says no modified exhaust that produces unnecessary noise.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here are my perspectives:

Altered and/or Modified exhaust is illegal in Mass (even though if the manufactures says it street legal) Doesnt matter if it doesnt exceed 95 db.
With the rationale, every other large displacement domestic along with the ever-irritating beater with a rusted exhaust would have been impounded. They produce more decibel than any mild to heavily modded IS300's.

No vehicle altered height must exceed 2 inches lower than stock height. Vehicle gross weight must be no different from stock weight (definitely isnt goin to happen because once u lower ur car, there is more weight on ur wheels
Care to elaborate a bit more on this? I'd say more pressure will be exerted into each shock dampener. I have heard stories of outlandish tirewear accompanied with the occasional blown shocks, though never a bent wheel because the car was just "too low." And as long as you're not competing for the plowing business, I don't think they would bother you about this issue.

Tinting, is starting to be a problem with them too. When they saw my car, which had no tint, they started giving me problems, because it "looked" tinted.
So you refused to be seen by the general public, even if one should be an exquisite looking broad driving in the next lane? *not directed at you of course*

Shaved door handles are illegal. (If you are invovled in an car accident, and someone dies, you will be charge wit vehicluar homicide)
No comment, this actually makes sense in a profound yet perturbing kind of way!

Then to go onto smaller issues, such as windshield wipers, lighting accesories.
Yes, they're going "California" on this one. 25% because they needed the money to put more potholes on the streets--for your spirited driving enjoyment--and 75% because YOU'RE Asian buddy!

...Eminence, I have been hearing talks of your red C-west making its mark in the import scene. Do you own a manual or automatic; What are the specs? You can PM me if there's anything hush hush you don't want the public to know.

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Honestly, I know nothing about legal issues in the state of Massachusetts, I posted these message I got from the Registry as to gettin feed back from people like you, who I greatly respect for tryin to help me out in the situation and giving me some common sense feedback, cause the traffic enforcement are up my ass about my car. As to my car, honestly, at the moment it's not the great thing, but hopefully be able to go somewhere wit it

Here are the current specs:
2002 Red IS300

Body:
-Full C-West Kit

-Shaved Rear Door handle (by the way on this issue, no actually law was regulated but its only my back door, so technically does this mean coupes are illegal?) But then after this situation is resolved, lookin to

- Carbon Fiber Hood

Rollers/Suspension:
-18in Volks Racing LE37k with Toyo Fz4 (they are for sale at the moment, wanna get different set)
-TIEN HAs w/EDFC
- Here are suspension components not on but in hand
Full TRD suspension brace, front and back
Cusco Triangular Tower Bar in trunk
TRD Front Tower
TRD Cross Drill/Slotted Rotors

Engine is completely stock at the moments, working on a turbo system, but running with the HKS Carbon Ti. currently tryin to work with a company to oversize bore my block out. There are things i probably left out but u got the jizz of it

·
Registered
19 Posts
let's have a meeting

hey guys we should get together and have a big mass meeting, and talk about it, i mean it really sounds like we cannot do any mods on our cars. and eminence they are not going to stop picking at you. is not fair to anyone were not doing any harm it would be different if jane swift would be paying my car payment....shit she could do whatever she wants them.. peace out playas keep it real holla back when ever....

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true

And I also agree, cops will always pick on me, a matter of fact i am on the verge of losing my license, i think. 7 violation loose it for 3 years or is that under 18 law? Meet, sure why not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Eminence
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing