Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I picked up a M98 from a 2005 IS300 and seems the carrier bolts don't fit the same as a 2003. I left the bolts at the junkyard cause figured they would be the same. Maybe they are mounted different or am I missing something

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought so as well really weird. I will get some pics of it.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp apparently they are not the same bolts...

Also shows different stopper for 04-05 as well.

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Signage Brand

Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Circle

·
4,892 Posts
Different part number is from manufacturer changed suppliers. Same parts. One made in one plant. The other from another. I have swapped hundreds over the years. From IS to IS, from FRS and BRZ. They all interchange. The FRS and BRZ just need a bushing mod or swap. So if it is from an IS300 from 2001 to 2005 and going in the same years. They are exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different part number is from manufacturer changed suppliers. Same parts. One made in one plant. The other from another. I have swapped hundreds over the years. From IS to IS, from FRS and BRZ. They all interchange. The FRS and BRZ just need a bushing mod or swap. So if it is from an IS300 from 2001 to 2005 and going in the same years. They are exactly the same.
I would have to agree with you but the stock one from a 2003 with T1 stamp on it the hole sizes are bigger see below.

2003 IS 300 M96 Case Stamped T1.
Hand Pneumatic tool Safety glove Automotive tire Finger

Hand Sleeve Street fashion Finger Cameras & optics

2005 IS 300 M98 Case Stamped T2
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Audio equipment

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
For some reason on here I'm soo happy to see someone using mm 🤭

I dont know why it is an odd size like that, if it is a Jap car they always use metric so should be to accomodate an M16 bolt. You could drill it out, it only needs to be a minimum of dia 16.1 to clear the screw

·
4,892 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts