Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying out my GTech so I'm driving along. An M5, newer model with black rims flys by me screaming something out... I stomp, SC kicks in and I'm reeling him... as I'm reeling him in, his passenger puts out his digital camera, recording me reeling him. We get to a light and guy doesn't put his window down, so I'm like whatever.. light turns green he jumps... I jump and walk him... i let off cuz I'm pulling... then he catches up and flys by again.. He makes a left turn, I follow him and pull up next to him, windows up and tinted dark. I motion over to go again at the light, but they shout something like.... '..you're driving a Lexus..'
Point of the story: You're gonna run somebody, run them. Piss on this you get beat.. the guy puts his brakes on , don't accellerate and then do a fly by like you beat him..
I'd like to see if his vid makes it to a BMW forum saying, '.. I took a boosted IS300.. check him out behind... :rolleyes: '

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
nice ... good kill! damn i need boost...

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Sorry, but how fast is your S/C?

I've seen a few S/C and they are undoubtedly nice, but taking the e60 (2006) M5? A kill is a kill, but just curious for a little more specifics of this story.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i doubt a LMS sc kit could beat a new M5....i could be wrong but i dont think the LMS kit even puts down enuff to take the M5 maybe an older one but the new ones are a beast

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/M/M5Sedan/techdata.htm

So your S/C kit gets you to 60 faster than 4.5 seconds? By walking, I would assume 60 would be .5 seconds or faster.

I really, really hate to say this, but I think either this story is embellished/improperly told, or just flat out BS. I dont see how you could have realistically walked an M5 to 60, especially considering the fact that he "jumped" from the line.

I didnt even know the M5 is on the roads yet. Are you sure it wasnt a 525 or 530?

·
Registered
571 Posts
First deliveries for the new M5 were the first of this month, hardly enough time for people to break in the engine.

M5's will walk 550 maranellos and 911 turbo x50's and keep pace with Gallardos. Your car must be pretty damn fast to walk him.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
S/C has a limit. I'm not sure what the HP is, but I dont believe its enough to eat an M5.

Hell, Stage III IS3's rarely even break into the 4s range to 60.

I'm just shrugging.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Miktrebla09 said:
First deliveries for the new M5 were the first of this month, hardly enough time for people to break in the engine.

M5's will walk 550 maranellos and 911 turbo x50's and keep pace with Gallardos. Your car must be pretty damn fast to walk him.
Correction:
production was delayed...first deliveries for october.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
he's running a custom kit. Vortec SQ2 unit. Those units are very good at top end.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Miktrebla09 said:
magoo said:
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/M/M5Sedan/techdata.htm
So your S/C kit gets you to 60 faster than 4.5 seconds? By walking, I would assume 60 would be .5 seconds or faster.
Definitely not Magoo/Miktrebla09... definitely not.
magoo said:
.... Are you sure it wasnt a 525 or 530?
could have been a badged up 5 to make it look like an M, it was black, fixed up and all I could see was the M on the back as I was pulling. It definitely wasn't a 2006 model, I could tell by the front in my side mirror. Come to think of it I didn't see it on the side as I pulled up next to it.. I did walk him fairly easily for an M5..

I didn't really want to report a 'Kill', but just to vent about the idea of someone doing a flyby and there's only 1 reason you shoot a vid as you pull ahead, to show you smoked someone.
Yes, as Bob mentioned this is not an LMS SC, its a Vortech SQ2, spinning at its max. BTW, according to the GTech my torque was 282 :suspiciou and HP was 168 :suspiciou
I don't get this GTech..

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
your not getting good G-Tech readings because your supposed to go slow like 30 and shift into like 3rd or 4th gear and then gun it, like a real dyno. If this is done properly, you'll need a lot of clear road ahead of you.
I have found that the Dyno part of the G-Techs aren't very accurate. you might get a more accurate 1/4 mile.

Reactions: rllinghardis300

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JayMarino said:
your not getting good G-Tech readings because your supposed to go slow like 30 and shift into like 3rd or 4th gear and then gun it, like a real dyno. If this is done properly, you'll need a lot of clear road ahead of you.
I have found that the Dyno part of the G-Techs aren't very accurate. you might get a more accurate 1/4 mile.
thanks J.. i'll give it a try..

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
:lol: he probably had a 540i with the M5 body kit and emblems etc.. what a loser :lol: nice kill i hope he learned his lession.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
A 540i would still give a nice run.

Ok, so you're saying it was the previous generation M5?

I'll definitely give you a :approve: for that! I've just heard that the new M5 is rediculous, my friend is a manager at a local BMW and he had the chance to drive it...its just sick.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
magoo said:
A 540i would still give a nice run.

Ok, so you're saying it was the previous generation M5?

I'll definitely give you a :approve: for that! I've just heard that the new M5 is rediculous, my friend is a manager at a local BMW and he had the chance to drive it...its just sick.
or was it teh new 545i? with rims? :lol:

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Well if it was the new 545i, that would be the newest model. He said it definitely wasn't the new model, no?

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
maybe it was the new 550i with 360hp?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah... its not the newer model, the difference in the headlights are very pronounced.
the black wheels were definitley aftermarket. Maybe I'll see him around again. Just pissed me off you know.
Are you gonna run or what? Don't do this... get beat.. then speed up to pass once the other car is slowing down. For pete's sake, I slowed down to let him come up and compliment him on his ride, not to rub it in. Oh well..

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
yeah... its not the newer model, the difference in the headlights are very pronounced.
the black wheels were definitley aftermarket. Maybe I'll see him around again. Just pissed me off you know.
Are you gonna run or what? Don't do this... get beat.. then speed up to pass once the other car is slowing down. For pete's sake, I slowed down to let him come up and compliment him on his ride, not to rub it in. Oh well..
shoulda been like FUCK YO BIMMER FOO!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts