Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you consider a loss of 5 car lengths close at 95 mph.... :roll: . So I pull up to this white M5 at a stop light, I turn to admire his car and continue doing so for about 10-15 seconds. I didn't rev my engine, nor did he rev his, but as soon the light turned green he took off. As soon as I realized what was going on I stomped on it, only to continue getting my ass handed to me, not like I didn't know it would happen, but it was definitely worth it just to hear that amazing exhaust note and see that beast haul ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,446 Posts
Those are just plain SICK cars! You're from Texas...go to PHR and you could dust those things by the end of 3rd gear like Wxman. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to go to PHR, only problem is I have a hard enough time paying for the car as it is (not really, but not enough to afford a turbo too). Seeing as I'm 16 and get sh*tty wages at the place I work :pissed: , I decided to start detailing cars too with a friend, so maybe if that gets up and going, it'll be a possibility. Where is PHR btw?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,027 Posts
yep.. those things are fast.. ive seen them go from 70mph to 120mph like it was nothing at all.. pulls really nicely..especially on an up hill freeway stretch :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
yep.. those things are fast.. ive seen them go from 70mph to 120mph like it was nothing at all.. pulls really nicely..especially on an up hill freeway stretch :eek:
I raced what I THOUGHT was an M3 on the highway the other day, he was behind me, and would fly up on my ass and tail me... So, I'd wait until I saw him move to the side to "gun it around me" (mind you I was cruising at 80 and there were hardly any cars on the road, so there was no reason for him to get on my ass in the first place), floor it and pull away slowly. Did this like 4 times, then I slowed down and got into the far right-hand lane to signal I was done and let him pass so I could give him a thumbs up-

Well, the driver rolls by and salutes me, and I get a look at the rear end in the process- it was a f'n 2000 M5!!!! Now THAT shit made my day.

I guess weighing 4000 lbs makes that 394 flywheel hp work a little too hard-

Still, haven't run into any e46 m3s :( But, I ate an M convertible with ease- it was memorable because the driver was driving REALLY aggressively and getting really mad. After that m5 kill, I am sure that, at least until the new m5 comes out, I hope to take down the entire BMW line of automobiles- so far I have 318, 325, 328, 330, 525, 540, M convertible, and m5. I don't have that far to go :)

Although, I'm sure the Z8 would give me trouble, and who the hell has ever seen an alpina?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
...and who the hell has ever seen an alpina?
Me :) Friend of mine owns one. That is one sweet ride.

Only 400 were produced, so your chances are slim that you'll ever get to race one, let alone see one on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,317 Posts
cb8586 said:
I'd love to go to PHR, only problem is I have a hard enough time paying for the car as it is (not really, but not enough to afford a turbo too). Seeing as I'm 16 and get sh*tty wages at the place I work :pissed: , I decided to start detailing cars too with a friend, so maybe if that gets up and going, it'll be a possibility. Where is PHR btw?

dude i work in southlake......i dont think I have evern seen you. what are you doing driving an IS at 16??? giving the perstigous community southlake is, i shouldnt even have to ask......where do you work?? get back to me, I love to see and meet other IS's around here. i'm right by town square, you've probably seen my blue IS driving around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Damm doublins do you drive around all day looking for cars to race :lol: Half the ppl I try to race dont want to , prob cuz the intercooler is so obvious with the grill missing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
ltuned&boosted said:
Damm doublins do you drive around all day looking for cars to race :lol: Half the ppl I try to race dont want to , prob cuz the intercooler is so obvious with the grill missing.
Man, my car looks so stock that people JUMP to race me- most of the time I'm driving around and people just see my exhaust and want to run me- then i'm like *slap* byebye fools :p
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top