Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in to see where people bought theirs on eBay. Not really sure if I want one but I figure there are enough cheap knockoffs that it's not much to risk.

-Would 46" in length fit our trunk? What length did yours come in? I've heard of 45" being too short and 47" being too long.
-Which seller did you buy from, whether you were satisfied/dissatisfied?
-How's this guy:

IS200 IS300 01-04 M3 STYLE REAR TRUNK LIP SPOILER WING - (eBay.ca item 150222528276 end time 11-Mar-08 21:40:11 EDT)

or this one?

LEXUS IS200 IS300 98-04 BMW E46 M3 REAR LIP SPOILER 46" - (eBay.ca item 380002378583 end time 01-Apr-08 22:43:26 EDT)

Searched and there were many threads that talked about this (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site:my.is+ebay+m3+lip+spoiler&meta=) but none of those specific questions were aske/answered.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
46" is the right size, and will leave a gap 1/8" of an inch short on either side, just before the trunk lid ends.

They are made of FRP so the quality is good and the spoiler ain't falling off.

M5 STY CARBON TRUNK LIP SPOILER 46" LEXUS IS200 IS300 - (eBay.ca item 380001313964 end time 07-Mar-08 01:15:26 EST)

is the seller i bought it from

and dont freak out when you receive it, it comes rolled up in a small box and you have to straighten it out
Hey that looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind something like that, nice and subtle. how does the paint colour match?

·
Registered
360 Posts
yea i know thats what i was thinking. did the guy put the badge on because of the m3 style spoiler? :(

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
bup,

i left mine cf to match my hood and LP garnish, and black rims/calipers/heads/fogs/tails.

But, whomever said "it was too short" is wrong. If you walk up to an M3 or M5 even, the spoiler is just shy of reaching the end of the trunk lid. Thats how the 46" sits on our trunk too.

I bought my friend the same cf one (fake obviously) and he painted it Black. Looked great.

For anyone who needs a real Cf one, the only company i knew made one was a company called OTTO and 1 member had it for sale time ago, never thought i'd want a spoiler on my car, but i luv my M3 one

end communication

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey marc_lexus,

thanks for the response, that pretty much answered my question completely. Anyone else buy one of these from ebay?

Looks like that gofashionshopper dude sells a lot of different variants of the spoiler. Now to just decide between the M5 and the M3 one...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts