Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anybody purchase these from ebay? There's so many sellers out there and don't know if there's a difference. I would really appreciate it if you could post which seller that you purchased it from and how the product quality is.

I'm just looking for a non-CF ABS plastic m3 spoiler to paint.

TIA

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
it's polyurethane. if it doesn't line up just right, heat it up slightly with a hair dryer or heat gun. it'll conform exactly the way you want it.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
tamago said:
Please post some pictures! Any modification/heating needed to get it to fit properly?
No heating was necessary. The guy that installed it just painted it, lined it up to the curve of the trunk, and used the 3m tape to secure it. But it was about 100 degrees outside so im sure that helped a little. I emailed pics to one guy that PM'ed me. I'll try to upload them and post them in a little bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking good! Can some explain if there's any special way to prep the paint surface on the trunk before applying the 3M tape?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
wasabimaniac said:
Looking good! Can some explain if there's any special way to prep the paint surface on the trunk before applying the 3M tape?

just clean it with an alcohol swab

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I used a degreaser (turtle bug and tar remover-very very light), then used adhesion promoter, then slapped that baby down.

Fit was perfect!

·
Registered
916 Posts
i just recieved my ebay m3 polyurethane lip spoiler, but it was coiled up in a small package!!! not sure bout that...so im weighing it down til next week when i get it painted, but hopefully it fits right. my measures 2.5" in width..how bout you other m3 spoiler owners...how wide is yours...thanks :D

p.s. polyurethane is suppose to be this flimsy, right? if not, looks like i have to get another spoiler

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
barret1216 said:
i just recieved my ebay m3 polyurethane lip spoiler, but it was coiled up in a small package!!! not sure bout that...so im weighing it down til next week when i get it painted, but hopefully it fits right. my measures 2.5" in width..how bout you other m3 spoiler owners...how wide is yours...thanks :D

p.s. polyurethane is suppose to be this flimsy, right? if not, looks like i have to get another spoiler
That's exactly what happened to me...it was a bitch trying to straighten out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts