Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Well check it out, On Wednesday i sent out my body ecu to them for my remote start to be installed. Steve the owner and I have worked out a deal to get these on more is300's . At first i thought the install was hard, his instructions lacked a little bit but on the installs i do in the bay area or to people i sell to will have my instructions on how to do it. The install should take no more than 1 hour to do, very simple. I have had it for 2 days installed now, and let me tell you is 95o here today and i went out, started my car, let it cool down then i drove off.. The car stays locked while you are in the house and it's all set.

Bay Area people, i invite you to check it out with me, you use your stock key to do it.

thanks
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
is300soon said:
Hello

Well check it out, On Wednesday i sent out my body ecu to them for my remote start to be installed. Steve the owner and I have worked out a deal to get these on more is300's . At first i thought the install was hard, his instructions lacked a little bit but on the installs i do in the bay area or to people i sell to will have my instructions on how to do it. The install should take no more than 1 hour to do, very simple. I have had it for 2 days installed now, and let me tell you is 95o here today and i went out, started my car, let it cool down then i drove off.. The car stays locked while you are in the house and it's all set.

Bay Area people, i invite you to check it out with me, you use your stock key to do it.

thanks
David
More info. please!! It's over 100 degrees here in TX! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
bk9 said:
is300soon said:
Hello

Well check it out, On Wednesday i sent out my body ecu to them for my remote start to be installed. Steve the owner and I have worked out a deal to get these on more is300's . At first i thought the install was hard, his instructions lacked a little bit but on the installs i do in the bay area or to people i sell to will have my instructions on how to do it. The install should take no more than 1 hour to do, very simple. I have had it for 2 days installed now, and let me tell you is 95o here today and i went out, started my car, let it cool down then i drove off.. The car stays locked while you are in the house and it's all set.

Bay Area people, i invite you to check it out with me, you use your stock key to do it.

thanks
David
More info. please!! It's over 100 degrees here in TX! :eek:

I second this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is my shop number

call me

408 667 3283


it is detailed but i have used it 2 times today where the AC is on max, i get in and the knob is COLD :)

love it

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Remote Start

I've had this setup on my IS300 for about a month now. It's a very convenient feature and I get alot of good comments on it. It's a very simple install. You basically ship out your body ecu to get modified so that you can use your keyless entry while the car it remotely cranked. When you get it back you tap into a couple fuses and two wires. It utilizes your factory key. You simply press unlock then lock three times to crank it and then you can turn the car off by pressing the lock button or you can get in the car and put your key in start mode then your ready to go. Your car remains locked until you press unlock to get in it. If someone were to get into the car as soon as they press the brake pedal the car would shut off. One other thing is you have to give up one of your keys. I gave up my valet key. The reason for this is for the car to crank without a key in the ingition the valet key has to be near the ingition so that it can read the code. All you have to do it tie the valet key to the ignition column.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
how much was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
how much was it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are 200$ + shipping

here is what i did.

i paid 20 to over night it there, stuck a 20 in the box and he sent it back over night

NOT BAD!

let me know

David
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,803 Posts
My shop is working on it now for mine with a viper. They have done a few IS's and said it was fairly easy to integrate.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
westside IS said:
Will this work with manual IS's also? I dont see how it can with the clutch and all, but just asking.
No.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
I assume the range is still lacking, consdiering the OEM keyless entry system is utilized.

Props for making the keyless work while the car is started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
I have a aftermarket alarm/remote starter on my IS.

If anyone can get a remote starter for their car, i would HIGHLY reccomend it. Especially if you live where winters are cold, and summers are hot. So convenient. The fact that mine is aftermarket, it has GREAT range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
ya I would have liked to have it, I assume it doesn't work with manuals though :)

vlad_a confirmed that :x
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
flproject13 said:
ya I would have liked to have it, I assume it doesn't work with manuals though :)

vlad_a confirmed that :x
Check out CompuStar system. It works on manuals.
Aftermarket setup will be much better than using the stock key.
I had my dealer install the key activated remote start (less complex than LuxuryMotorworks) back when I had the 2001 IS. A few days later I ripped that thing out of my car. I was very happy with the 150Ft range and added flexibility I had on my DEI 6500 setup. My new one, BlackWidow will have 600Ft. CompuStar can go up to 6000Ft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
convienent maybe, but making the car easier to steal, YEP... tieing a transmitter key to the column isnt my idea of a good idea... cool car or not...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
HoustonLex said:
convienent maybe, but making the car easier to steal, YEP... tieing a transmitter key to the column isnt my idea of a good idea... cool car or not...
Not exactly.
There is a module that remotely sends key data to the immobilizer receiver when remote-start is activated. Lisnup65 has a module that does not even utilize the key.
Easier to steal? Not by much. The steering column remains locked - no key in the iginition. If properly installed, the actual key portion is cut off when the key is used for the data authentication.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
vlad_a said:
HoustonLex said:
convienent maybe, but making the car easier to steal, YEP... tieing a transmitter key to the column isnt my idea of a good idea... cool car or not...
Not exactly.
There is a module that remotely sends key data to the immobilizer receiver when remote-start is activated. Lisnup65 has a module that does not even utilize the key.
Easier to steal? Not by much. The steering column remains locked - no key in the iginition. If properly installed, the actual key portion is cut off when the key is used for the data authentication.
That's what I plan to do is take my module off the valet key and stuff it in there. Leaving the actual key portion at home or wherever, a little bit safer.

I will definetly be ordering this from Dave very soon, as the cold season will be here before I know it, and I HAVE to let my car warm up before driving.

Kane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
i dont care if the key portion is there or not, i was assuming it wouldnt be...

but your still cirumventing a big portion of the lexus security system by placing the transmitter inside the car.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top