Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My new-to-me 2001 Lexus IS300 came with just one key, as usual for me when I buy any used car it seems. I have determined that the key I have is indeed a master (not valet) key, but I do want to have another one made.

Has anyone used Luxious and their switchblade style keys? The price seems extremely reasonable ($70 including cutting the key) but I want to be sure their products actually work well. They include programming instructions too. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You still will need to add the key to the system on the car. If all you want is a spare. You can get a basic non flip key and make it a master or not.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what they do, it seems like they do provide the instructions to add it to your system as well. However, I'm leery that they can deliver everything they can for the cost they charge as it does seem too good to be true. In reality I just want another spare key, meaning I don't need a switchblade style key. Their price point looks attractive assuming they deliver a complete key solution, but since it's a 'China deal' I'm not really that interested in being a guinea pig.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have one, works beautifully. no issues with programming. also the range seems alot better than the oem one.
Thanks for the response, and that helps a lot as $70 is pretty affordable to give it a shot. Which switchblade style did you go with, and did you have to disassemble your door key assembly to get the key code for them? I don't have the original key documentation with the key code, so fear I do need to at least do that to get it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the response, and that helps a lot as $70 is pretty affordable to give it a shot. Which switchblade style did you go with, and did you have to disassemble your door key assembly to get the key code for them? I don't have the original key documentation with the key code, so fear I do need to at least do that to get it. Thanks again.
i went with style 2. A key code would be ideal but i didnt have that available. He is able to cut your key if you provide a picture of it. He cannot guarantee it will work this way but it worked mint for me.

heres a vid of what he uses.

main reason i got this key was because my oem master key got all chewed up from me using it as a beer bottle opener for a few years. Im happy with the purchase so far.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the main concern I have with the Luxious option is that I'm not sure I really want the switchblade style fob. I definitely need to get another key made though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dang, I too bought my is with only one master key and one valet key. I can tell the valet key is oem, but my master key is an aftermarket one. What are my options? Can I send a pic of my aftermarket master key (it looks similar to the oem one, just no Lexus symbol) to Luxious for them to send me another one? Or what will I have to do to get a legit spare master?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Dang, I too bought my is with only one master key and one valet key. I can tell the valet key is oem, but my master key is an aftermarket one. What are my options? Can I send a pic of my aftermarket master key (it looks similar to the oem one, just no Lexus symbol) to Luxious for them to send me another one? Or what will I have to do to get a legit spare master?
The key grooves are all the same. You need the master to program it to the car. Does not mater if OEM or aftermarket. As long as it is programed as the master now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts