Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up i was just wondering what lug nuts people were using with there volk rims. I'm looking for a lock and lugs for mine so any sugestions would really be appreciated

thanks mike

·
Registered
555 Posts
As far a locks go, you can get them from volk. The trouble I have is the locks I ordered with my wheels still haven't been delivered (going on 5-6 weeks now). There is supposed to be a shippment due in from Japan, about now, with the locks.

I was told by the guy I bought my wheels from that the only way to insure you have a unique key is to get the volk locks.

Volks has lug sets also. If you do a search on volk+locks or volk+lugs you will see some more info. There are some other lugs available.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks what are some other lugs available though i like the rays but i want some silver or chrome lugs and the rays are only black blue and red

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
jmess said:
As far a locks go, you can get them from volk. The trouble I have is the locks I ordered with my wheels still haven't been delivered (going on 5-6 weeks now). There is supposed to be a shippment due in from Japan, about now, with the locks.

I was told by the guy I bought my wheels from that the only way to insure you have a unique key is to get the volk locks.

Volks has lug sets also. If you do a search on volk+locks or volk+lugs you will see some more info. There are some other lugs available.

i've been waiting since march for my volks, you didnt order from r&d motorsports did you?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i didnt buy my volks from r&d, i already have my rims they are volk gt-7 19x8.5 all the way around. I'd buy the volk lock and lug nuts set but they only come in black, blue, and red. My rims are silver so im looking for chrome or silver lug nuts. Also i have another new question has anyone put there center caps on them selves? If so how did you do it?

thanks mike

·
Registered
555 Posts
:) I had to scratch my head a few times before I figured out the caps just press on from the outside. You don't have to take the wheel off. I tapped them on with a really soft rubber hammer; you could probably do it with your hand.

I thought the design of the caps was kind of lame because at $120? a set retail, there is a good chance somebody will rip them if given a chance.

I got my volks from Wheel Options. They were in-stock at the distributor at the time, so I had them in about 6 days. No such luck with the volk locking lugs though. They originally sent me the 1.25 set instead of the 1.5s that match my lug nuts. :(

My wheels are silver also and they came with black open, no cap, lug nuts. At first I didn't like the color contrast but now I do. By not having any cap or head they don't stick out like the Gorillas pictured above.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have the ray's lugs in black, took me a while to get them but they look awesome with darker color wheels

you can also look into mcgard wheel locks

jupiterfish - just curious but did you recieve an inovice for your wheels from r&d motorsports

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Inochi3 said:
i have the ray's lugs in black, took me a while to get them but they look awesome with darker color wheels

you can also look into mcgard wheel locks

jupiterfish - just curious but did you recieve an inovice for your wheels from r&d motorsports
yea, but i had to stay on thos guys, they drop shipped my buddy clubs from the docks, after waiting about 9mos, they told me it would be 6 to 10 weeks. not and they were supposed to come with buddy lugs, but they were out so now i'm still waiting on volks......anyday now (for the last 4mos)

i dont think they are bad, just busy with other stuff....

save all your emails.... :shame:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
paid4is said:
No i didnt buy my volks from r&d, i already have my rims they are volk gt-7 19x9.5 all the way around. I'd buy the volk lock and lug nuts set but they only come in black, blue, and red. My rims are silver so im looking for chrome or silver lug nuts. Also i have another new question has anyone put there center caps on them selves? If so how did you do it?

thanks mike
9.5" all around?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
For the Gorilla lugs, what size do we need to get? and the link above has sets of 5, does that mean that you get 5 lug nuts per wheel and it's the entire set or do you have to buy 4 sets.

·
Registered
266 Posts
DHCrocks said:
For the Gorilla lugs, what size do we need to get? and the link above has sets of 5, does that mean that you get 5 lug nuts per wheel and it's the entire set or do you have to buy 4 sets.
I just bought a set and 20 pieces can in the set.

Is the gorilla lugs key really unique to every set? Has anyone ever tested this?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
DHCrocks said:
I have the Gorilla lug nuts/locks on my rims. Model # GOR-21133HT and the size is 12 mm x 1.5".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts