Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday while making a minor right turn my car hit ice and plowed foward, i hit the front left to the curb at about 40-50 km/h. i got the alignment checked and only the toe was off by -3mm, the wheel is fine, and all other alignments are fine. im thinking am i just lucky? because i know people that hit curbs at 20km/h and their steering wheel is off center. weird night

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
yes .... knock on wood. :D

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
"minor right turn" at 40-50 kph ;)
Yeah... I noticed that... lol

Sometimes God is just watching over you. I've had near-misses myself that ended up turning out perfectly fine. I remember in a previous car I was having fun... but the road was slippery. I went to take a turn (there was a right turn island)... but the car just plowed straight ahead. No matter what I did... it just kept plowing forward. I just accepted the situation and started getting ready for the fact that I was going to plow into the curb. Then for some strange reason... right as I was about to hit the curb... the car regained traction and turned to the right as I wanted it to... avoiding the collision. :confused:

Sometimes luck is just on your side...

There were people here who smacked a curb and not only did their wheel get bent... but they had to replace suspension components as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"minor right turn" at 40-50 kph ;)
lol no i didnt mean like a street intersection right turn, but more of a 45-60 degree winding turn, wasnt try to drift or anything, i swear :erm:, i think i was lucky, cuz the left front/rear wheels kinda ride the curb like initial d, missed a tree and a pole....now im thankful i go to church ahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts