Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I curious on how many owners daily drive their IS in and around mild to moderate hills to overcome. i am planning to upgrade to a LTW flywheel and a stage 1 clutch, to keep that smooth engagement. but i am moving to tallahassee. and there are hills there (compared to daytona) ha but with the reduced inertia will it be a problem. i put a lighter weight flywheel in my legend 6spd and it felt so much better but it was still 22lbs (40lb dual mass stock)
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Even though I live in the Chicago area, I drive into hilly areas in Wisconsin and western Illinois regularly. My car handles the hills with no problem. There's usable torque above 2000 rpm and lots of oomph at engine speeds above 3500 rpm.
I have the Findanza flywheel and the ACT street clutch. However, I did the clutch swap at the same time I did the E-shift 3.9 diff swap. So, the shorter gearing helped to offset some of the lost low rpm torque due to flywheel effect. All in all, I'd say the diff swap and lightweight clutch are very complementary to each other. You may want to go this route, or even go with a 4.1 diff instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts