Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sort of. I was on my way out in my loaner ES300 (15k miles service) and I saw a black IS on the pad at the front corner of the dealership and it had LTuned badges on the side (like where those side marker lights are). But other than a spoiler (don't know what kind) and chrome wheels (same design as stock, from GS I guess) it didn't look like it had anything else on it...

Jigga, It's at the NE corner of the New Car building, where the curved driveway is.

[ March 28, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]

·
2,909 Posts
I might be heading up there to check on some things for my IS, I'll try to stop by and check it out. I know that a while ago I posted that Countyline Lexus had sold "hooked-up" versions, but not specifically L-Tuned.

Oh yeah great job on all the new website features, looks great!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, that's right man. I think L-tuned has quietly made some parts for IS. I am actually ordering a TRD grille from my friend that works at a dealership, and he just left me a voicemail saying that he has a L-tuned grille for me instead. I was so excited about that, cos' I never really want to "toyotarized" my L ride. I'll fly down to check it out to make sure he's not b.s.ing. Cos' I've just checked l-tuned.com, they've got no info on the IS products yet. But from Tony's saying, it seems that L-tuned has at least the grille, badges, and spoiler then. We'll see.....

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pictures I took at the dealer today. I don't think any of it is L-Tuned except for the badges. I think the exhaust is RMM. Don't know about the spoiler.

·
Registered
921 Posts
whuahahahahahaha....who the hell are they f'n kidding by charging $250 for some dumb badges.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!!

Sorry could not resist.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's pretty much why I posted that sticker. Those prices are crazy!

On the wheels, I'd have to say, "Excuse me Mr. Dealer, but if I had the 16" on my car and wanted a set of the regular 17" how much would you charge me?" Oh, I see, ok, well then I'll give you my stock 17" (that came with the car!) and the difference between them and the 1700 for the chromes... Jeesh.

And on the badges, that's just crack-head-crazy. Why would you pay $300 for 3 badges? They should give the damn things to you if you buy an L-Tuned part.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I love buying cars. BS! This is the exact reason I hate buying cars. Fair market price
Exhaust $435
Tints $100
Rims Chrome the stocks $500 for all 5
Badges - "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!!"
And that spoiler is the stock one that my dealer will let go for $500 when he is in a good mood.

·
Registered
155 Posts
THAT IS CRAZY! I really hope no one buys that thing! Total rip off. $295 for badges!? GEEZ... Then, the way they put that badge on the back looks like sh!t. Should'nt they have either taken off the "Lexus" or the "IS300" and put the LTuned badge there (I would think in place of "Lexus" would look much better)? Geez... I don't know what to say...
Hell, I thought $65 for the LSportline badge was too much!

At least they know where to put the thing. I have a suggestion as to where this dealer should've put this LTuned badge (and it ain't on the car!)...

Scrap.

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Scrap ]

·
2,909 Posts
I spoke with Ron Hanson in the parts dept., he told me the L-Tuned intake is $345 but is back ordered, the aero kit is $1995.69 painted, and the exhaust is (if I remember correctly) $695-895. Then he said the L-Tuned aero kit was coming out in two months, thats when I got confused. By the way this is from a message he left on my answering machine. All prices are without install.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Does he have any info. Hp wise on the intake? And are you telling me the intake is available now? Also do you know how much the front lip spoiler alone is? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by crontab:
Is it me, or does that L-tuned exhaust tip look like a chromed out tip mounted over the stock exhaust tip?

-crontab -l

they prob use a canister from a manufacturing company like borla or somethign and than just put a tip over it. but it isnt the stock exhaust, notice the canister is polished.

·
2,909 Posts
I was only interested in prices at first if I get the chance. I'll check otherwise if you dont hear from me soon just give them a call they can help you out. JM Lexus

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hmmm. None of those parts (exhaust, spoiler, wheels, badges) are going to get me into the Lexus parts department anytime soon. The only thing I'm left wondering about is the L-Tuned intake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts