Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i know this topic has been talked about before but i cant find the link, ive searched to no avail. so if anyone knows please help cuz my L-sporltine kit looks like crap and i cant ignore it anymore after a second attempt at fixing it. its costing to much money and i called Lsportline (DAZZ motorsports) and am waiting for an answer from them. so i was wondering if anyone else had resolved this prolem because ive hear of other kits fitting wrong.

thanks in advance

mrfongman

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You will have problems. I dont know how LSportline got the kit to fit really well on the website, but I have some problems with the kit, minor, but still noticable. The main one is the rear where the taillights are, right on the corners the bumper does not curve far enough, giving that gap look. Also, on the rear, when you stand directly behind the car and look at it, you can see a small gap where the trunk meets the bumper. Small irregularities, nonetheless a problem. I hope you get things worked out, I just try to ignore it :-?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You will have problems. I dont know how LSportline got the kit to fit really well on the website, but I have some problems with the kit, minor, but still noticable. The main one is the rear where the taillights are, right on the corners the bumper does not curve far enough, giving that gap look. Also, on the rear, when you stand directly behind the car and look at it, you can see a small gap where the trunk meets the bumper. Small irregularities, nonetheless a problem. I hope you get things worked out, I just try to ignore it :-?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have the same problems as Turbo. When I contacted Lsportline, the fed me a line of shit saying that my installer didn't install it right. well, hmm, doesn't it seem odd that almost everyone with this kit has the same problem? I guess all the dudes that installed our kits are morons. FYI, here's the reply I got from Joey.

Not a problem. I have responded to the message and posted it on the site
just a few moments ago. The problems you are having with your kit and the
gap by the lights is because the bodyshop installed the kit from the bottom
up. What needs to be done is the mounting from inside the trunk on the
sides (still just snug / /not too tight) then the inner trunk on the rear
(like where you open the trunk) while pushing up on the kit to essentially
load the part. It is very difficult to explain, but I can assure you that
these problems can be resolved, but it will just take a little more effort
from the body shop to insure proper fit.

The warping effect you are seeing on the top is from after painting. The
parts are set on a workhorse type of bench in the painting booth and in many
times they are baked. Well polyurethane melts when baked at too high a
temperature, but if the body shop is rushed to finish a job, they will
accelerate the job by baking it for longer times at higher temperatures to
get the car done. The warpage on the bottom is from installing the mesh
prior to installing the bumper. The mesh pulls the part up in areas and
down in others. Once again, rushing the job or not putting a lot of time
into the job renders these problems.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop and I am here if you have any further
questions.

Best regards,

Joey Ortega
General Manager
L-Sportline

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
isthrizzy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing