Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just wanted to know if the Eibach Pro Damper will fi tthe Lsportline Springs? I got the Lsportline springs set and at the moment it is making this funny noise whenever I go thru speed bumps and turn hard, the probelm gets worst everyday, the car is going back to lexus tomorrow to get checked, if its the shocks problem I will get some aftermarket shocks for the car, but I don't need anything fancy like adjustable shocks, just need something to sort the problem...so is it worth $250 for a set and will it fit? is it only for the Eibach Pro kit / L-Tuned Springs??? please help.

Other problem is that can I get Bilstein shocks only and fit with my lsportline springs? are the lsportline springs in the suspension combo same as the just the springs set??? OMG its hard for me right now please help...

Matt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Matt,

Springs are springs unless they are made for a coilover system, springs are pretty much made for any strut... think of it like this, if they where only made to work on the L-sportsline shock, then they would have never fit on your stock struts.

Considering that the L-sportsline springs are Eibachs, and the pro damper is also made by Eibach you will have no problems.

What kind of noises are you hearing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danielm said:
Matt,

Springs are springs unless they are made for a coilover system, springs are pretty much made for any strut... think of it like this, if they where only made to work on the L-sportsline shock, then they would have never fit on your stock struts.

Considering that the L-sportsline springs are Eibachs, and the pro damper is also made by Eibach you will have no problems.

What kind of noises are you hearing?
I m not balming he springs at all...yeah you are right, so can I still get Bilsteins to fit my springs??? I will looking at the eibach pro damper to go with my lsportlines...i dont know will have to see whne it comes out...

Matt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
The springs causeing the problem didn't even cross my mind, It's not something that can go bad... I am pretty sure its the struts, since the springs where not made for the stock struts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danielm said:
The springs causeing the problem didn't even cross my mind, It's not something that can go bad... I am pretty sure its the struts, since the springs where not made for the stock struts.
how come many people with lsportline springs with stock shocks have no problem, i thought its made for stock shocks...??? anyway its now too late and the car is now back at lexus, will knwo within a few hours to see what actually happened...they loan me an IS200.....slow piece of shit...

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superchargedIS200 said:
THE


Eibach/TTE/L-Sportline springs were made to be used with the factory shocks.

i suggest you check that the springs are seated correctly

Yeah thanks for your input...I called Lsportline and yes they are made for factory shocks, yes its sitting probly and its at lexus overnight and they will check it out tomorrow.

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
fyi
l-sportline springs are different from the l-sportline spring/shock combo
the spring/shock combo offer a modified coilover setup similiar to ground control so you can adjust the height, while the shock is a bilstein but different from the bilstein HDs
btw, i believe eibach makes both the l-sportline springs and ground control, too.
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
juniorsdad said:
fyi
l-sportline springs are different from the l-sportline spring/shock combo
the spring/shock combo offer a modified coilover setup similiar to ground control so you can adjust the height, while the shock is a bilstein but different from the bilstein HDs
btw, i believe eibach makes both the l-sportline springs and ground control, too.
correct about the springs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks alot for the advice guys...:D car is still back at lexus, will see what shocks I will get if the problem is not solved.

Matt

PS- brendon, so the Eibach Pro Damper is going to suit the Lsportline springs? I don't want to spend another $300+ and realize i made myself more trouble...

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah BTW, the lexus tech said that its not hurting the suspension, but still who want noise like that? anyway will update whats on in a few hours when I get the car back in the afternoon.

Matt
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top