Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Damn, I need to get a better camera, I will post later this week.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
here you all go, first 02 lsportline and first stick lsportline.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS300GTE, car looks great. I had never seen our kit without the back bumper, but it looks good with the factory. I think pretty much everything looks good on our cars. As long as its classy instead of ricey. You are right IBP looks almost identical to SBM in the pics. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'll admit...I've never really been a fan of the L-Sportline kit for the IS. However, the more I see it on other owners cars, the more I begin to like it. It alters the lines of the OEM IS enought w/o completely turning it into a different car.

Subtle, clean are words that come to mind.

Nice job guys. Your cars are looking great.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
awesome, thank you! those are my thoughts exactly also. it is alot like the millen kit for the supra tt, nothing drastic, but makes the car a little more sportier, and looks very clean!
are you planning to get one?

Originally posted by Risk3233:
I'll admit...I've never really been a fan of the L-Sportline kit for the IS. However, the more I see it on other owners cars, the more I begin to like it. It alters the lines of the OEM IS enought w/o completely turning it into a different car.

Subtle, clean are words that come to mind.

Nice job guys. Your cars are looking great.

·
2,909 Posts
I agree also, I have seen a local with the Top Gun kit, no intercooler and the car looks stupid, atleast fill the empty space with something. The L-sprtline kit has its own look without taking too much away from the rest of the beautiful lines on the car. I feel the sideskirts enhance the slightly curved crease on the sides of our IS's.

Tonight I drove around Miami a little bit, I have an RX300 loaner (my horror story will be posted soon, when my ordeal concludes) so I headed out everywhere I could and saw alot of IS's. I'd say about 7-8, to me that's alot for a few short hours. I am glad my IS has its own distinct look. It makes me feel a little bit different from the rest. That's a feeling I enjoy having, and you will too if you get this kit installed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been planning on purchasing the Lsportline kit for awhile now, but I decided to give it some time for the price to go down.

How much did you guys pay for the kit and where did you get it from? I've gotten quotes from 2 places so far, but it would help if I can get a couple more for comparison.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Jiggafett,if you like being different-don't come down to the beach then!ha!,'cause i got my kit on now!seriously thought i can't tell you guys what the kit does for the car-it makes it look bigger,more aggresive and classy at the same time,i love it!!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neil, do you have an Lsportline kit? Or, is your car the one with the Top Gun kit that Jigga was talking about? Post some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much did you guys pay for the kit and where did you get it from? I've gotten quotes from 2 places so far, but it would help if I can get a couple more for comparison.
Hey suks2bu there is always my way of getting one for cheap even if I didn't plan it this way. A fool in a Mercedes decided to hit me from behind not to hard but hard enough to f-up my rear bumper and push me into the car ahead of me and dinging my front bumper. Well, since both needed to be replaced and his insurace was picking up the tab for some new stock bumpers all I had to do was kick in $500 for the side skirts and the difference in the bumper price(I already had a wing), and I'll have my L-Sportline kit as soon as the body shop finishes. Been a couple of weeks, hope I don't have to wait to much longer!

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by NEIL:
Hey Jiggafett,if you like being different-don't come down to the beach then!ha!,'cause i got my kit on now!seriously thought i can't tell you guys what the kit does for the car-it makes it look bigger,more aggresive and classy at the same time,i love it!!!!!
NEIL: Oh damn, we are going to meet Saturday night I hope you are not working. P/M me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus Do Lunch:
Hey suks2bu there is always my way of getting one for cheap even if I didn't plan it this way. A fool in a Mercedes decided to hit me from behind not to hard but hard enough to f-up my rear bumper and push me into the car ahead of me and dinging my front bumper. Well, since both needed to be replaced and his insurace was picking up the tab for some new stock bumpers all I had to do was kick in $500 for the side skirts and the difference in the bumper price(I already had a wing), and I'll have my L-Sportline kit as soon as the body shop finishes. Been a couple of weeks, hope I don't have to wait to much longer!
LOL! Sounds like a good idea.

I was in a similar situation two years ago when my Bimmer got rear ended at 60 mph on the I-15. The other party's insurance company hooked me up with a new paint job, Hamann kit and Remus exhaust, along with a bodily damage check. As much as I enjoyed the benefits, the process and experience wasn't pleasant.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for the kit nor do I want to get myself into an accident on purpose, but I find it uneccesary to pay retail for a kit just because it's a Lexus.

Thanks for the pointer though.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: SUKS2BU ]

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by NEIL:
jiggafett-what time you guys meeting?,where?
I'm glad you asked I wasnt sure if you'd see it in time.

12am Midnight in the parking lot afterward we will cruise the beach.

Please let me know if you can make it.

Meet Location

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: jiggafett ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts