Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a IS rear end the same as a supra IE: can i take a removed lsd unit from a supra and put in the IS rear end. are they physically the same ? i had found some removed stock lsd units pretty cheap on a supra fourm and was looking into this as a cheaper alternative. i can't make myself spend that much on a trd unit as i barely have that much in upgrading my 8 sec mustangs rear end. and thats axles and all . or does some other aftermarket company offer lsd for our car as i get dealer price on most aftermarket stuff but havent had any luck finding one listed

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
strokedcoupe said:
is a IS rear end the same as a supra IE: can i take a removed lsd unit from a supra and put in the IS rear end. are they physically the same ? i had found some removed stock lsd units pretty cheap on a supra fourm and was looking into this as a cheaper alternative. i can't make myself spend that much on a trd unit as i barely have that much in upgrading my 8 sec mustangs rear end. and thats axles and all . or does some other aftermarket company offer lsd for our car as i get dealer price on most aftermarket stuff but havent had any luck finding one listed
No you cannot just swap in a supra diff in your IS300 pumpkin, kaaz is alternative to the TRD diff but again dealer pricing or not will run you some coin...

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
check out the local junkyards for a wrecked IS with LSD. How do you have ll of those bolt-ons, and E-manage and only put down 186? I dynoed 182 with a POS Magnaflow, and blitz filter 3.5 years ago........

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
texis_300 said:
check out the local junkyards for a wrecked IS with LSD. How do you have ll of those bolt-ons, and E-manage and only put down 186? I dynoed 182 with a POS Magnaflow, and blitz filter 3.5 years ago........
im guessing you were on a dyno jet or equivalent?
and as for 11 only 6 are engine mods and couple are for nitrous help not motor

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I ment "all". It was on a DynoJet, what ever PowerHouse Racing uses.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
texis_300 said:
I ment "all". It was on a DynoJet, what ever PowerHouse Racing uses.
dynojet numbers are way higher than a dyno that actually loads the car for a pass rather than turning a big drum with no adjustable resistance. the guy with this dyno says this would be around 215 whp on a dynojet. i dont know that is exactly correct but i do know that is close to what other cars with comperable mods turn on a dynojet. but if i finda dynojet wanting to do a test cheap enough ill probably do it for the hell of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts