Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I just purchased an IS300 - '04 TCM Sportdesign w/ Manual trans. but no LSD. I looked for a while for a clean low-mileage manual w/ lsd, but no luck. So what are my options? I know I could find a full rear from a salvage car, but I'd rather put something in that is better (if there is such a thing). I did a search on the TRD unit, but has anyone actually installed one? Which part number is the right one?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I believe TRD, Carbonetic, Kazza, and Cusco all make LSDs for our car, I think most (I know TRD) require machining. If you do a search you should be able to get more info, plenty of people have the TRD installed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe TRD, Carbonetic, Kazza, and Cusco all make LSDs for our car, I think most (I know TRD) require machining. If you do a search you should be able to get more info, plenty of people have the TRD installed.

What has to be machined on the TRD unit? I've seen a few different part numbers for the TRD one, do you know which is the right one for our cars?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
from mvpmotorsports.com looks like 41301-JX000 is the correct part# for both the automatic and 5spd diff/pumpkins..

TRD diff is proven, great diff with clutch packs which are stronger and great for quicker acceleration..Why spend nearly the same amount getting some unknown junkyard mkIII torsen diff with a 100k miles

You will about need $100-150 worth of additional parts to correctly install the trd diff

diff $825
install parts $150
labor ?

or you could buy my stock 29k mile 5spd torsen diff of my '02 :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
The stock, Torsen LSD is a great unit for the street. If you want to upgrade, just get the LSD from an E-shift instead. You'll enjoy the improved acceleration the shorter gearing provides.
You can pick up a used LSD for less than $500 and install it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts