Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is directed at people who have already replaced the differential gear oil. Is it okay to use the LSD additive along with a synthetic hypoid gear oil (i.e. Redline MT90, M1, NEO, etc.)? Or is this additive only used in conjunction with non-synthetic oils (b/c of accelerated brakedown of dino oil)? Yes, I have done a search. FWIW, I am an occasional autoxer. Current mileage is 4k miles. TIA.

·
Registered
960 Posts
speedtrap said:
This question is directed at people who have already replaced the differential gear oil. Is it okay to use the LSD additive along with a synthetic hypoid gear oil (i.e. Redline MT90, M1, NEO, etc.)? Or is this additive only used in conjunction with non-synthetic oils (b/c of accelerated brakedown of dino oil)? Yes, I have done a search. FWIW, I am an occasional autoxer. Current mileage is 4k miles. TIA.
The factory LSD is a Torsen design so there are no clutch plates. You don't need any additives and it won't do any good if you put it in. These additives are usually intended to be used with the clutch-pack type LSDs. I just used straight RedLine synthetic 75w-90, that's all you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts