Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lexus fans, our big daddy, the LS430, is due for release October 13th. If you see one on the road, don't dare try to race it.
With 320 lb ft of torque, it's bound to be a fast car. Although I doubt its owners would race it.
I saw it at the 2000 NYIAS...my dad is getting his LS430 end of October, will give you all my review as soon as I drive it.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
My father will race it; that is, if he can get over the copycat "S" styling and the old man syndrome that's eating him up. I hope he goes for it versus the SC 430 b/c I'm buying the note on his 98 GS 400! He has one coming in Oct. 20 so I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I don't know about rich but certainly comfortable and thank god not pretentious.

Originally posted by kota:
Man you guys have rich parents!

·
Registered
424 Posts
LS430 is a very refined and quiet car. In a recent foreign car review, it says if you sit at the back, you won't hear anything when you turn on the wiper. At the front, you can only hear clear click sound. Very thoughtful design.. Toyota/Lexus pays a lot of attention in the design to make it quiet.

I am suprised to see that many US reviews have negative impression about the car. They don't even notice the thing described in this foreign review.... doesn't really know the true strength and beauty of the car.

Shame on those US car magazines, be it Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
AndyL:

I totally agree with you on the US car magazine reviews......They tend to practice favoritism on a regular basis.

Sometimes I wish that they can just evaluate cars independently and pay more attention to more detail rather than just performance numbers.....

My 2 cents

·
Registered
163 Posts
saw black one on the road today its nice... the back really look likes the mb s-class... the front look likes some american car the headlight part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts