Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning to change all the fluids for my 01 Eshift: diff oil, ATF, and brake fluid. I want the best fluids available.
Would you please recommend where i can get them cheapest online?

·
Registered
283 Posts
ATF: go to a toyota dealer. Shipping will kill whatever discount you will get over the internet as it is heavy.

Diff: I would do Amsoil, or Mobil 1 GL-6 75-90w oil. Amsoil you can get direct from the company, or some local auto parts stores offer that brand as well.

Brake Fluid: Depends on your goals. If you plan to track you car, I would suggest at LEAST ATE SuperBlue or SuperGold (they are the same thing just different colors so when you flush, you know when the new fluid is comming through). Motul is also a good choice but it is more expensive but comes with the benefit of having a higher wet and dry boiling point. If you are doing street driving, I would just put in Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic Dot 3/4 brake fluid. It is only $5 for a litre (enough to flush you system).

If you need the DIY on these things, do a search on *DIY* or my ID, I have step by steps on most of these.

HTH

Jeff

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hrpworld.com offers the cheapest prices and most selection. anyone deal with them before? any complaint?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts