Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q: If i drop my car with tein springs ( not coilovers) its a 1.5 drop in the front and 1.6 in the back. Will I be able to bring my camber to factory specs? I know the is300 has a camber adjustment on it, but i just dont know how far i can go. I just want to have close to a factory ride and it sucks to switch out tires every 6 months. Hopefully someone out there has this setup and has done the camber adjustment.
any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi Htown,
I've had my Tein coils for about a year now . I installed them myself and everything seemed fine. When I took it in for an alignment, the right rear adjusted easily to spec. But for some reason, the Left rear was slightly off, no matter what my mechanic tried. It was a slight amount, though and he and another guy said it should not be much of an issue. I drive it pretty hard whenever I'm on the twisties and haven't noticed any crazy tire wear, though I only have 11,000 miles on the car. I still have tons of even tread on my stock tires. :D
The Teins are good because they are not too drastic of a lowering. My only con with them is when travelling with extra people in the backseat and/or luggage in the trunk ....your rear end will sit WAY low and you will be smacking the bump-stops if you're on the stock shocks like me. But riding solo or 1 passenger ,it's great.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya- just got my s-techs put in today and the rear does look a lil lower than the front- bout the width of one finger...
Does that even out over time when the front springs settle under the weight of the engine? or will it always have that rear lower than front look?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
brc said:
ya- just got my s-techs put in today and the rear does look a lil lower than the front- bout the width of one finger...
Does that even out over time when the front springs settle under the weight of the engine? or will it always have that rear lower than front look?
Hmmm I dunno about the s-techs,man. I have the Tein HT's or Hi-Tech's ..they are gold in color and I think I read somewhere they were discontinued. ? But mine did drop a little bit over time ...give em a few months to settle after cruising some twisties and normal driving. :)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i did not mess with my alignment or chamber yet.

the extra wear and chamber is really bad in the rear. / -- \

·
Registered
219 Posts
kuuligan said:
i did not mess with my alignment or chamber yet.

the extra wear and chamber is really bad in the rear. / -- \
you have an extra CHAMBER in the rear eh? :lol: j/k...it think u meant CAMBER- and ya, mine is pretty bad now too...i dunno if the alignment will fix it that much tho..

·
Registered
97 Posts
i jus read that my 03 has a oem camber kit already is this true or will i need to buy front and rear camber kits thanx..thinking to drop it with tein-s tech springs too...

·
Registered
219 Posts
EbayJunky said:
i jus read that my 03 has a oem camber kit already is this true or will i need to buy front and rear camber kits thanx..thinking to drop it with tein-s tech springs too...
i really doubt that your IS3 will come with a built in camber kit...unless it was pre-owned and the previous owner had the courtesy of puttin one in for you...

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
EbayJunky said:
the IS comes with a bit of camber adjustment built in.. there isn't a (cheap) camber kit readily available for our car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts