Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I just installed koni yellow sport and h&r sport spring
The height looks stock, wonder how long does it take to settle?
was running Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Springs and now it for sale.

thank you

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
danny - I don't think you will get an exact answer. Because of different road condition, passengers on board, etc. will vary the settlement time. What I can tell you is, after about 200-250 miles of driving your suspension will be settled in for alignment. I believe a good estimate would be 2-3 weeks upon install your suspension should be settled.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have no experience with koni's but I am remember reading somewhere that it has two perch settings. I am guessing you put the springs on the "higher" perch. I have the tokico illuminas and H&R springs and it definitely does not look stock from the very beginning lol. Check to see if you installed the springs on the right perch, b/c it should not look stock with those particular springs.

On this honda forum they are discussing exactly what I am talking about. http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f49/koni-yellow-perch-settings-73630/

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Today I just installed koni yellow sport and h&r sport spring
The height looks stock, wonder how long does it take to settle?
was running Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Springs and now it for sale.

thank you

Springs don't settle. Seriously.

Bushings and other soft components can, especially if the install isn't done quite right (not resetting bushings to neutral, preloading mistakes, etc)... but the springs don't settle.

Here's quotes from folks who actually manufacture springs:

Eaton-
Correctly manufactured springs, both leaf and coil, are shot peened which removes stresses in the metal which occurs during the heat-treating process. The life of the spring is not only increased because of shot peening, the spring will not continue to take "a set" once it is installed.
Eibach-

All Eibach suspension coils are pre-set to eliminate settling and increase life expectancy.
Swift-
Swift Sports Springs has been designed to give you your ride height immediately.
(they then add some marketing BS about why, but all properly made and installed springs are this way.)

Lots of folks install springs wrong, so they confuse something like their bushings deflecting with the springs "settling" but it just ain't true no matter how often folks who don't know better repeat the myth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Springs don't settle. Seriously.

Bushings and other soft components can, especially if the install isn't done quite right (not resetting bushings to neutral, preloading mistakes, etc)... but the springs don't settle.

Here's quotes from folks who actually manufacture springs:

Eaton-

Eibach-

Swift-

(they then add some marketing BS about why, but all properly made and installed springs are this way.)

Lots of folks install springs wrong, so they confuse something like their bushings deflecting with the springs "settling" but it just ain't true no matter how often folks who don't know better repeat the myth.
Thanks guys,
What would you do ? reinstall it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.