Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the whole IS thing and I'm trying to figure out what springs i should go with or just go with coilovers. I have a 04 is300 and I'm going for a low aggressive wheel look the car is my daily. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
i got the tein s type springs on my car and it rides alright... coilovers are expensive but in the long run they are worth it. i would def go with a good coilover system from the start and not have to worry about it in the future...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
If you are going for an aggressive look then buy coilovers for sure. Search, you will find a lot of combos and stance.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I say slam it first then get the wheels later so you can see what wheel sizing and offsets will work with your drop. I hated having wheels first and not dropped. It looked like a 4x4.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
get coilovers first

·
Registered
61 Posts
Coilovers

First thing i think should be done is the suspension. depending on how low you want to go, look into aftermarket camber kits (front and rear).

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Stance is good. hit up sage auto they can help you get some parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Honestly, if you dont have money for both.. I would go with wheels. Why? if you buy the coilovers now and slam the heck out of it with your stockers... and takes you a while to buy the wheels...

THEN when you finally buy the wheels... the coilover is probably dead or giving up cause of the slam set up. Remember slamming coilovers shorten its life.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Just noticed your name is Flush IS.. thought it was kind of funny.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
18x8.5 +25 215/40 Vertex +15mm fenders
18x9.5 +20 255/40 Pulled and rolled rear fenders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.