Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 02 is on 19in rims, yea a little big but i got them in a trade for my stock rims so i figured what the heck, but im wondering how much you think i can lower this baby with just using new springs. i dnt want to have rubbing but i want to make it as low as i can before it rubs and affects drive quality. any suggestions? thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
well you provided so much information about the offset of your rims, wheel size, drop desired, and what shocks you wanna use that I am going to go ahead and say "yes".

·
Registered
136 Posts
well you provided so much information about the offset of your rims, wheel size, drop desired, and what shocks you wanna use that I am going to go ahead and say "yes".
lol^^^^....im only guessing but you probably got "baller" rims so id suggest eibach pro-kit with just a 1" drop to be simple for you and call it a day

·
Registered
783 Posts
This thread should be in "Stop, Drop, and Roll".

Read around that section, there are some great guides that will explain everything. If you read enough, you'll know exactly what you need.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
lol^^^^....im only guessing but you probably got "baller" rims so id suggest eibach pro-kit with just a 1" drop to be simple for you and call it a day
I agree, eibach. I have the H&R springs with 18'' rims and their 1.4/1.5'' drop F/R is cutting it real close. You should be okay with eibachs. Plus those eibachs will not stress your factory shocks too much, since its only 1''.

Enjoy your new wheels! :)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I agree, save money down the road and just buy coillovers. They are worth it. Stance GR+ in my opinion. Good luck...

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
check the back of the wheels... usually on the spokes there's an offset stamp/print. it should say "+42" or whatever the case may be and it also states the width. once you know that then we can help you from there.

mods need to move this thread ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.