also,
how can i "smoke out" my lights..
make them black/gray and look smokey
im sure you know what im talking about

thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
not to dog on you or anything but you should really learn the basics on a car b4 you start modding it. and to answer your question on lowering you can get a couple of different setups. springs w/ shocks or coilovers. smoking taillights i'm not too sure but i think people just use some type of spray paint.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
use search function please. there is a wealth of knowledge there. come back with detailed questions if you need clarification. GL and happy modding!

·
Registered
796 Posts
First off welcome to the forums.

Well from mine and other experience you can pick out rims first then a body kit then lower it, The reason for the at order is once the lip kit is on you will have a better idea of clearance which will tell you how low to go so your lip kit doesn't get damaged. I had a buddy that put rims and lowered it then put on the VIS kit and was so low he could get a jack under the car, basically he had a fingers worth of clearance.

Lowering springs come in many drops but i thing 1"-1.5 is good where you wont have to many issues but anything lower you will need other mods to the fender and so on. The coilovers though are adjustable so you can change your ride height where springs are what they are. When dealling with suspension also it depends on why and what you plan on doing wether its a daily driver or race ready and all in-between. Do a search or just look in the other section like stop n roll for your lowering info asn look to see what others have done and what kits they have and so on.

The "smoked out has also been talked about where you can find plenty of info. Some people use a spray smoke out paint and do the lens, others paint the inside of the housing its up to you.

Sound like you need to just go around the forums and loook what others have done for a bit to get a bit more info and research so when you start modding you know what direction them and specs you are looking for.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Reactions: Squareback

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
welcome...I think that instead of the "not too car savvy" category I would place you in the "I don't know crap about cars" class

the search is gonna have to be your friend...I would do A LOT of research before I posted again if I were you

·
13,727 Posts
Easy Question.

Pick up some Eibach springs, either Prokits or Sportlines. Prokits are what I am using, gives you a 1 inch drop all around with no need for a camber kit. You can realign your car within factory specs and not run through tires every year. The drop is not super low, in fact it drops it down to what a stock BMW 3 series would look like (due to the fact that the Lexus stock sits pretty high.)

The ride is about the same as stock, but the car handles way better. If you need shocks, there are a ton to choose from. I went with OEM replacement KYB GR2's, you can pick up a set of 4 for around 250. You can also pick up some Koni yellows that allow you to drop the car another .5 inch. I wanted better handling and a stock ride, hence why I went with my setup. The Eibach Sportlines drop you like 1.4 front and 1.6 back (I think.) With that setup, you are definately lower, but ride and tire wear is not as good.

With your plans of a body kit, you may want to keep your drop on the mild side so you don't get to low and have your kit ripped off over a speed bump.

As far as smoked lights go, I think you need to pick up some overlay stickers that you cut to fit. I really don't know a lot about that one, so maybe someone else can fill you in.

Two tips:

Search
Check out the Stop, drop, and roll threads. They will give you good info on suspension.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
and welcome i forget to add that :approve:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to dog on you or anything but you should really learn the basics on a car b4 you start modding it
for sure

but thanks for still answering the question =]

Easy Question.

Pick up some Eibach springs, either Prokits or Sportlines. Prokits are what I am using, gives you a 1 inch drop all around with no need for a camber kit. You can realign your car within factory specs and not run through tires every year. The drop is not super low, in fact it drops it down to what a stock BMW 3 series would look like (due to the fact that the Lexus stock sits pretty high.)

The ride is about the same as stock, but the car handles way better. If you need shocks, there are a ton to choose from. I went with OEM replacement KYB GR2's, you can pick up a set of 4 for around 250. You can also pick up some Koni yellows that allow you to drop the car another .5 inch. I wanted better handling and a stock ride, hence why I went with my setup. The Eibach Sportlines drop you like 1.4 front and 1.6 back (I think.) With that setup, you are definately lower, but ride and tire wear is not as good.

With your plans of a body kit, you may want to keep your drop on the mild side so you don't get to low and have your kit ripped off over a speed bump.

As far as smoked lights go, I think you need to pick up some overlay stickers that you cut to fit. I really don't know a lot about that one, so maybe someone else can fill you in.

Two tips:

Search
Check out the Stop, drop, and roll threads. They will give you good info on suspension.
thanks man

·
Registered
183 Posts
welcome...I think that instead of the "not too car savvy" category I would place you in the "I don't know crap about cars" class

the search is gonna have to be your friend...I would do A LOT of research before I posted again if I were you

haha!
this guy is funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts