Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 with HP evo wheels. I currently have no rubbing issuses but i would like the car lower. I really like the look of s-techs and have seen an 04 dropped on s-techs with the same wheels and like the stance, however since i have an 01 i know that from factory im 0.6" lower than the 04. So i guess what im asking is if i get the h-techs with an approx 1 inch drop will i get the same look as the s-techs on the 04. If anyone that has s-tech's on an 01 could you please post pics for me.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i got a 01' with htechs & tokico hp shocks and its a 1.25" gap all around give or take a mm or 2. no pics at the moment thou. to be honest the front looks about the same its the rearend that came down. i'll post some pics after i wash the car. as for pics of 01 IS' with stechs dude ya jus gotta search the site... they're all over the place :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have H-techs and if I could go back I would get S-techs now. H-techs look like what it should look from the factory, not really that low though.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I always heard that the 01 sits lower, and that there factory hid are more blue then the newer ones, is this true or is a myth?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
lextasy623 said:
I always heard that the 01 sits lower, and that there factory hid are more blue then the newer ones, is this true or is a myth?
if you measure the 01 vs other years then yes it does sit lower thou by appearances they basically all look the same. the only thing the htechs accomplished was making the whole car sit even. as for the HID bulbs looking more blue well i've never quite heard of that, they're all D2R bulbs?! so i don't know how the HID lighting would be different in color its not like lexus has separate D2R bulbs specially made jus for 01 IS300s :) besides the color of the HID bulb is determined by color temperature. basically 4000k and above looks close to white with slight tints of blue or purple, thou 4000k pretty much is close to 90% white. 6000k & 8000k both have distintive tints of blue & purple. at least thats how i understand it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts