Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every1,

im new to is300.net and im plannin on buyin an IS300 after i find out where im gettin stationed. so im wonderin if any1 has 18" rims on an IS that hasnt lowered it so i can see how bad tha wheel gap is and if any1 has pics of one lowered with 18's id like to see that too. thanx

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
SLayLow said:
hey every1,

im new to is300.net and im plannin on buyin an IS300 after i find out where im gettin stationed. so im wonderin if any1 has 18" rims on an IS that hasnt lowered it so i can see how bad tha wheel gap is and if any1 has pics of one lowered with 18's id like to see that too. thanx

Hey welcome

Look into the STOP/DROP and ROLL section

or search for all kinds of dropped IS pics

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
SLayLow said:
hey every1,

I have 18's...lowered with s-techs....
1st pic is without drop....

pic with drop...

More pics on my homepage...good luck with your setup :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i guess im definatly gonna have to drop it...... im not sure what im gonna need cuz im used to lowerin hondas and acuras wit cheap ebay coilovers. so where can i find what im gonna need to lower and IS?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
SLayLow said:
ok i guess im definatly gonna have to drop it...... im not sure what im gonna need cuz im used to lowerin hondas and acuras wit cheap ebay coilovers. so where can i find what im gonna need to lower and IS?
Listen to IMPRIMIS, he gave you the answer. Just look in the stop, drop, and roll section of this site. People have asked the same question at least 1.3 million times, you'll find your answers.

·
Registered
791 Posts
1" drop on 225/40-18

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice pics fellas but ive only lowered hondas and acuras before and all i got was cheap coilovers from ebay and tha ride sucked and i dont wanna lower a lexus and have a rough ride. i just want a smooth ride with a nice drop. i just dont kno what i need. i heard about Tein-s but i checked em out and all i saw were springs..... that cant be all i need.... is it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
buister said:
1" drop on 225/40-18

That's a nice tire/drop combo IMO, are those 18 x 8.0?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
U can put some H & R springs which give u about a 1.5 drop n rides like stock or if u want something lower go with the S techs from Tein which lower about 1.8.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts