Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one do u like?
do you prefer the car is lowered or stay the stock height
it's not about me, it's about what you like
thanks

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'd lower it if there's no body kit on your car. so.. do you have a body kit??

·
Registered
480 Posts

i love the slam look and i got it with h&r springs, but if i knew how low it was gonna be for snow i wouldnt do it, with 16 inch rims with snow tires and 200IL of sand in my trunk the car is on the floor an inch of snow and it touches the bottom last week with all the snow in ny/nj i have been plowing all the streets i get around just fine but after this winter i have to paint my bumpers, just like the last winter, so just something to think about when thinking about lowering it.....with that all said slam the bittchh :chill:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i love people who type but dont use periods... :roll:
not trying to be mean or anything.... :oops:

lowered...cant stand the huge gap on some cars...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Re: ..

neiiy69 said:
i love the slam look and i got it with h&r springs, but if i knew how low it was gonna be for snow i wouldnt do it, with 16 inch rims with snow tires and 200IL of sand in my trunk the car is on the floor an inch of snow and it touches the bottom last week with all the snow in ny/nj i have been plowing all the streets i get around just fine but after this winter i have to paint my bumpers, just like the last winter, so just something to think about when thinking about lowering it.....with that all said slam the bittchh :chill:
Lowered for sure, but I'm in the same situation as you are. My coilovers are set for 18" wheels and my snow wheels are 16". The car is too low for the winter time.
You know those chunks of snow that fall out of the wheel wells of other cars and lay in the middle of the road? I can feel them scraping the bottom of the car as I drive over them.

I need to raise the car up a bit.

And what the hell is up with the Lexus scratch and chip paint? For fucks sake, I'm going to need to repaint my entire car after this winter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
it depends on what you want. If you want it just for looks, then get springs. If you want to race, get coilovers. But keep in mind some places might have steep entrances or huge potholes. I would lower my car but where i am the curbs are insanely high *grr*...i sold my prelude cuz of that...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm suprised that stock has gotten any votes... :lol:

DUMP IT. The handling and looks FAR outweigh the practicality, imo.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Re: ..

Preacher said:
neiiy69 said:
Lowered for sure, but I'm in the same situation as you are. My coilovers are set for 18" wheels and my snow wheels are 16". The car is too low for the winter time.
You know those chunks of snow that fall out of the wheel wells of other cars and lay in the middle of the road? I can feel them scraping the bottom of the car as I drive over them.

I need to raise the car up a bit.

And what the hell is up with the Lexus scratch and chip paint? For fucks sake, I'm going to need to repaint my entire car after this winter.
exactly......im the asshole who lowered his car a day before the snow storm on stock 17s.....i plow through every street and i hate those chunks of ice left on the road from other cars. Aside from the occasional scraping im loving my lowered car. It was a bit more than i wanted but it looks damn good and handles awesome :p

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Ill awnser for myself and on behalf of DUT:

DUMP IT as low as it can go.

IS looks like a Damn 4x4 stock height. Ive heard it has a 4 finger wheel well gap, which is how much my parents 4Runner has.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- you don't even have to ask me... :chill:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts