Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 lexus is300 sedan. i just installed Tein s-tech lowering springs and Tokico HP Blue struts all 4 corners. My camber is not correct. Took to alignment shop and it needs to be adjusted more. it leans out at the bottom and leans in at top. i wanna correct it. same for front and rear.
what parts do i need and best prices to get them? only thing i have found is SPC Balljoints for the front upper, and SPC cam bolt kit for the rear lower arm area and found them on ebay.
will those parts be good or will i need something else? remind you i will not be lowering anymore than what it is now. i am new to the is300 scene by the way, so any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you provide us with the alignment specs you got with your latest alignment? Also, what do you want to achieve, factory alignment specs?
hi! thanks for trying to help. so yes, id like to get factory specs. don't have the alignment sheet. do you think the SPC front balljoints and SPC rear camber bolt kit be good enough? and is it the correct parts i should buy?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
SPC should be good for about 1° of camber correction. If you get camber kits for the rear, you will also need adjustable toe arms. If you need more than 1° in back, look at Figs Mega Arms. Again, you will need toe arms because the factory arms will be too short once you start correcting camber. I got most of my suspension components through Figs Engineering.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
hi! thanks for trying to help. so yes, id like to get factory specs. don't have the alignment sheet. do you think the SPC front balljoints and SPC rear camber bolt kit be good enough? and is it the correct parts i should buy?
Well it depends on a couple of things like why wasn't they able to correct the alignment specs (or into tolerance), I had 3 IS300 so far they were all dropped and never had to buy SPC anything. I had the figs mega arms on one but ended up being basically useless for me.

I think if all your adjustments are usable and not seized (toe links in the back, for example), they should be able to bring your thing back into factory specifications or pretty close to it. Does it bother you to have -1.3 to -2 degree of camber?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I agree with PANIC!! having a little camber doesn't hurt anything. It's actually common for autocross/drift guys to run around -2 degrees of camber to help them corner better since when you turn the steering wheel the front wheels have positive camber so the negative camber helps the tire stay flat while cornering.

As for my car I'm at -2.5 degrees of camber with my toe zero'ed out all around and after 7000 miles I have no abnormal wear at all. I would just try to get the camber as close to spec as you can on the stock adjusters and zero out your toe. Toe will eat up tires like no tomorrow, a little camber is okay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello all of you thats trying to help, i appreciate it!! thanks very much. ill get a pic up soon. i did inspect the rear camber bolts and they are maxed out and the tire still leans in at top. i don't like the look at all. even my front as well. ok, so ill also need toe bars for rear? dang that a lot to do for just lowering 1.3"-1.6".

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got the same problem after lowering with the s-techs. had them on for 4 months now and haven't noticed any camber wear on the tires. On the rear it's at around -2.5

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used those SPC front balljoints and the rear kit as well. I'm happy with it. You don't need the Figs arms that's for sure. You will probably end up needing aftermarket toe links like others have said. Mine didn't have enough adjustment in them to get the toe where it needed to be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPC should be good for about 1° of camber correction. If you get camber kits for the rear, you will also need adjustable toe arms. If you need more than 1° in back, look at Figs Mega Arms. Again, you will need toe arms because the factory arms will be too short once you start correcting camber. I got most of my suspension components through Figs Engineering.
ok, so i ordered the SPC rear camber kit and SPC front camber ball joints.
as far as toe links, whats the purpose of adjusting that after lowering my car?
i will still put some pics up and also i have the alighnment sheet now, maybe yall can see that and help me with what will make it better.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
A change in camber leads to a change in toe. When you correct camber after it has naturally become more negative after dropping the car, your OEM toe arm will be too short to bring toe specs back to where they need to be if you are using a camber kit. Check out this thread for more info: http://my.is/forums/f89/need-some-help-camber-toe-424346/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello yall. so heres a pic of how much its leaning. i dont mind a little but i dont like the way it looks at all. ill get pic of alighnment sheet in a bit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also, what size spacer by the way could i use to set the wheels out just a little without hitting the tops of fenders? note: fenders are going to be rolled

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello y'all, so decided that i didn't like it lowered. i took my new Tein s-tech springs off. back to stock springs with tikico blues. will be selling the Tein s-tech's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Figs Engineering are great products but extremely overpriced.

I just purchased Megan Racing Control Arms, Toe Control Arms and Rear Traction Rods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts