Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have just lowered My 2011 Is350 f sport. I am now happy with the way it looks and it feels like I haven't sacrificed too much in ride quality.

However now I have an error coming up on the display which says " Check Headlight System"

I am presuming that because I have lowered the car, one or both of the height switches at the front and rear of the car is telling the system that something radical has changed.

If this is the problem is there any easy way of adjusting these so that the BCM receives the correct info. I have to say that the low beam HID's are sitting low which I was expecting anyway. Will adjusting the switches fix this or will I have to adjust the headlights as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm sure this issue has come up before

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All

I ending up getting it sorted

When I lowered the rear control arm to remove the strut, the knee joint connected to the AFS sensor extended itself fully and went the other way. So instead of the plastic part of the arm being near vertical it ended being horizontal. This of course meant the AFS switch was not doing anything. Once I disconnected the arm and repositioned it properly, The dash display returned to normal.

I doubt this is the first time this has caught someone out nor will it be the last. I hope this information will be useful to someone in the future

Cheers

Darren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts