Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A drop is a drop. If you drop your car even the tiniest bit, can you still take it to your local tire shop to get an alignment? Word is you gotta go to a place where they do alignments for lowered cars. Where and about how much does an alignment for a lowered car run? I live in the Orange County so if anybody can help me out that'd be dope. thanx.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Of course you can go get an alignment. Take it to a shop that works on dropped cars. Ask for specific shops in the regional section of the forum. I think it cost me ~$65 at a local place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yea i jus got mine done earlier....ive taken all my 4 cars within the last 2 years to the same guy coz he knows how to work on lowered cars....so i trust him....hook up price 40....haha..but im in tx so that really wont help ya...

but yea, some places dont like to work once they see ur car is modified (dropped)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in orange county, CA. Where are some good places to do lowered alignments at reasonable prices. Also, if I drop my car 1" with the Tein H techs, would I have to get an alignment ASAP or what? Planning to do this within the next couple week so please let me know what's up.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
man im having a helluva time finding a place to do mine in norcal...nowhere will touch a lowered car....the nearest place is like an hour away and they charge 200+

·
Registered
300 Posts
Firestone's

It was posted before a few months ago. They have a good lifetime program ($149). The mgr. (Canoga Park) says as long as they can slip a mobile jack or get it up on the alignment rack, you're good to go.

Watch the local newpaper for their ads, sometimes that alignment goes for $129. Take the car every 6 months or 5,000 miles. Toss the paperwork back in the Lexus owner's manual

Read their fine print, nothing said about restricting against lowered cars and nothing against if you drive over a pothole or accidently jam your tire(s) into a concrete wheel stop, and the next day you go back for another alignment.

One other thing, if you have another car needing an alignment, they'll knock off $20 off the new car's paperwork, but you gotta let them know before they ring you up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
JAEohEN said:
man im having a helluva time finding a place to do mine in norcal...nowhere will touch a lowered car....the nearest place is like an hour away and they charge 200+
I got my alignment done at Firestone in the San Bruno area and the work had clearly benefitted my ride. As fellow netter Goldfishy noted, their lifetime deal at around $150.00 maybe a worthy investment to look into. By the way, my drop is with Tien CS coilover.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
1michael1 said:
I got my alignment done at Firestone in the San Bruno area and the work had clearly benefitted my ride. As fellow netter Goldfishy noted, their lifetime deal at around $150.00 maybe a worthy investment to look into. By the way, my drop is with Tien CS coilover.
I got the lifetime alignment from firestone also.but sure if they work with lowered cars though... :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Firestones do work on lowered cars.
I live on Orange County and have taken my car, which are dropped on eibachs, to about 4 or 5 diff firestones and they all aligned it no questions asked. If someone decides to get a lifetime alignment go to the Firestone in Yorba Linda on Yorba Linda Blvd.. Out of all the firestones I have been to this place treats you the best, and have the best and nicest mechanics. The Firestone in Garden Grove is the worst. They didnt know how to align my car even after working on it for over an hr.. They got half of the settings within specs, but gave up on the rest.

btw if your dropped on h-techs, eibachs, hotchkis or lowered ~1" you should be able to align your car within lexus' specs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K3RRY. I coinsidently live right near Yorba Linda Blvd so I think I will definately hit that one up. So should I even mention that my car is lowered when purchasing the lifetime allignment or keep hush? thanks dude.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Simis said:
K3RRY. I coinsidently live right near Yorba Linda Blvd so I think I will definately hit that one up. So should I even mention that my car is lowered when purchasing the lifetime allignment or keep hush? thanks dude.

just keep hush. if you can ask for ron to work on your car. i always request him when i go there because he always aligns it perfectly. i actually went yesterday to get my car aligned there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts