Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow 350 owners,

This morning I started my baby up to go to the office, and see the "Low Tire" warning indicator light on the dash. I get out of the car to inspect and look at tires, all looks fine, and car drives fine. I check the pressure when I get to the office, and all pressures are okay and inline with specs.

I reset the tire pressure indicator, and the low tire warning still shows. Has anyone else had this problem? I will call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

OK got to the office, and checked my pressures before I left. Passenger Rear Tire psi around 25. Factory settings are 35 front and 37 rear if I recall correctly. I reset the setting in the car, so the light is off now.

There is a nail in the tire, so I inflated it with air, and drove back home, she'll be in the garage tonight, tomorrow I may go get the tire plugged at a local tire shop for the time being.

I'm contemplating if I should replace both rear tires or just drive with a plug in the one tire for now. The car has under 12,000 miles and the wear on the rear tires is good so far.

Anthony

·
Registered
15 Posts
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I hit a bump on the interstate pretty hard but thought nothing of it. I parked and several hours later, upon my return, my low tire light was illuminated. I checked all of my pressures and everything was as it should be so I decided to wait it out for a little while. After driving at steady speed on the interstate for about 5 miles, the light went out and never came back on. I'm guessing the hard jolt must have temporarily confused the system.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Hey,

OK got to the office, and checked my pressures before I left. Passenger Rear Tire psi around 25. Factory settings are 35 front and 37 rear if I recall correctly. I reset the setting in the car, so the light is off now.

There is a nail in the tire, so I inflated it with air, and drove back home, she'll be in the garage tonight, tomorrow I may go get the tire plugged at a local tire shop for the time being.

I'm contemplating if I should replace both rear tires or just drive with a plug in the one tire for now. The car has under 12,000 miles and the wear on the rear tires is good so far.

Anthony
If the hole is in the tread, just have it plugged and you should be fine.

If the hole is at the edge of the tread or in the sidewall, you should probably replace the tire as the integrity of the inner belts may be compromised.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
If the hole is in the tread, just have it plugged and you should be fine.

If the hole is at the edge of the tread or in the sidewall, you should probably replace the tire as the integrity of the inner belts may be compromised.
I wouldn't plug a performance tire, It destroys the performance rating. In theroy even a patch is compromising the speed rating.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I got back from China last week and my car bat has been unplugged for 3 months. Do I need to re-initialize my tire sensor or does it save the setting automatically. I'm gonna consult my manual in the morning but I figured I ask to see if anyone (knightshade i'm looking in your direction :-D ) knows the answer off the top of their head.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I got back from China last week and my car bat has been unplugged for 3 months. Do I need to re-initialize my tire sensor or does it save the setting automatically. I'm gonna consult my manual in the morning but I figured I ask to see if anyone (knightshade i'm looking in your direction :-D ) knows the answer off the top of their head.
Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of that you need to reinitialize from a disconnected battery is the power windows (and they fixed that on 09s by adding flash memory to them)... I've not personally tried disconnecting it for months, but I can't imagine you'd have to do anything with the tire sensors for this since a battery disconnect would be common for many service visits, so that kinda stuff should be in non-volatile storage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts