Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help resetting this light please. I have check pressures & added.

It will not reset...even going to the manual.what am I missing? Thanks

for any help. 2007 IS250 AWD.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Because its cold out, drop your tire pressure down to around 25psi. hold the button under the dash until the light flashes. then put air in the tire afterwards.
That way it lowers the thresholds of the tpms sensor and wont annoy the heck out of you when its cold weather out. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let's hope that all four of your sensors are in good working condition. Just one could cost you $121.62 + service.
I have the same issue here on my 06. The light is steady but I know it's because my sensors are missing(gone/removed).
The tech. who performed the pedal recall did something that turned this light off completly but after a few days there it was again.
Is there any way to bypass/override it. What was it that this mechanic did that turned it off for a while.
Does anybody know?

Your imput will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Let's hope that all four of your sensors are in good working condition. Just one could cost you $121.62 + service.
I have the same issue here on my 06. The light is steady but I know it's because my sensors are missing(gone/removed).
The tech. who performed the pedal recall did something that turned this light off completly but after a few days there it was again.
Is there any way to bypass/override it. What was it that this mechanic did that turned it off for a while.
Does anybody know?

Your imput will be greatly appreciated
You can't disable the TPMS system

(and you can get a set of 4 on ebay for less than you're suggesting he pay for 1 of em if there's something wrong with it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can't disable the TPMS system

(and you can get a set of 4 on ebay for less than you're suggesting he pay for 1 of em if there's something wrong with it)
Probably the TPMS system can not be disabled but the mechanic at a Lexus dealer did something that turned this light off for a few days but it came back again. It is true that those sensors can be found on ebay but won't be the same part #42607 33030. I have called my dealer regarding the different part numbers others sell on ebay, but they have suggested that these sensors must of of the same dealer # or won't work when programed to my car. I don't want to take the risk buying part #'s 42607 0611/33011/33021/35030. I just thuoght I share.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Probably the TPMS system can not be disabled but the mechanic at a Lexus dealer did something that turned this light off for a few days but it came back again. It is true that those sensors can be found on ebay but won't be the same part #42607 33030. I have called my dealer regarding the different part numbers others sell on ebay, but they have suggested that these sensors must of of the same dealer # or won't work when programed to my car. I don't want to take the risk buying part #'s 42607 0611/33011/33021/35030. I just thuoght I share.

Yes, your dealer is lying to you in hopes you'll pay 4x too much to him for the sensors.

They do that a lot.

Anyway, it's possible he just pulled the ECU fuse, which clears all codes temporarily. The TPMS warning sometimes takes a certain number of miles to come back on, so if you didn't drive a ton in those couple days that'd certainly make sense.

I wouldn't advise doing this regularly though as it'll wipe everything else your ECU has learned each time you do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts